Would you tour on this Strom | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would you tour on this Strom

MacDoc

Site Supporter
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-dl650a-2004-2011/336281-new-rig-ready-off-nova-scotia.html

170321d1468611872-new-rig-ready-off-nova-scotia-img_1366.jpg

My Wee was a pig on the trip just completed and that's with stock panniers and no trailer. And blown all over in sidewinds.

Ah ...
170289d1468611753-new-rig-ready-off-nova-scotia-img_1362.jpg]

tool boxes from a hardware store bolted on to a GIVI rack plus the trailer tho that looks properly engineered....still :rolleyes:

Guy seems to know what he is doing and has run test runs.....be interesting to see how it works out

Last edited:
My bike was blowing around pretty good on the interstate this weekend loaded up, but it was manageable. I would be more concerned about power. Wee doesn't have a lot in reserve if cruising at 80-90 loaded up normally, can't imagine how slow it is with that setup.

I thought that I wanted a DL650 for about 4 years and then I finally bought a used 06. It had a good sized Givi top box, gel seat, chopped black screen, Dan Vesel backrest and foot pegs. What it was missing was a rumble and a roar. I'm bored by chain drive bikes. I need to feel and hear what the engine is doing, and have a seat low enough to put both my feet down. As a tourer, I did ride it from Barrie to St. Albans VT and back the next day. I give it ok marks for that. Hard to beat the fuel range...

I kept it for 2 years and ultimately sold it cheap just to get rid of it. Horrible engine surge in first gear too that no one could fix.

-Al

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom