I've done it now - RSV4 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I've done it now - RSV4

Not sure how many times your fibreglass has been repaired but mine doesn't weigh 15kg so is that stuff measured in negative kilos?

Not sure how many times your fibreglass has been repaired but mine doesn't weigh 15kg so is that stuff measured in negative kilos?

There's more then just panels to that kit. It looks to replace the entire OEM tank/seat unit, if the '16 is the same as my '13, which I suspect it is. That's got to be significant savings.

There's more then just panels to that kit. It looks to replace the entire OEM tank/seat unit, if the '16 is the same as my '13, which I suspect it is. That's got to be significant savings.

"These are what you want. 15kg savings over fiberglas fairings!!!"

Maybe if we're talking stock including headlights. My motoholders subframe saved me roughly 2lbs, the tank is probably 10lbs. Fibreglass doesn't weigh 18lbs. The claimed savings is OVER 30lbs.

Last edited:
"These are what you want. 15kg savings over fiberglas fairings!!!"

Maybe if we're talking stock including headlights. My motoholders subframe saved me roughly 2lbs, the tank is probably 10lbs. Fibreglass doesn't weigh 18lbs. The claimed savings is OVER 30lbs.

By your inference lmao.. Yeah I get what you meant now, so sorry. You done taking a piss? Here's what I found on the Aprilia board from the maker I assume. Clearly a typo on shamens part. Let's get 'em haha

Monocoque 1.900g with seat
Upper fairing without windshield 760g
Bellypan 730g
Side pannels left & right together 530g
Rear support/bracket for ABS 280g
Petrol tank 1.600g (without pump and cap)
Heat shield rear shock 130g
Bolts 180g (steell, the little bag on the seat, more is not needed)

All together that makes 6.110g

My old fiberglass fairings were about 7kg of weight (without tank hood). tank hood alone was 1.6 kg. original petrol tank is about 5 kg.
Rear alloy frame with seat is about 3 kg (without plastic underseat).

So if you compare: Carbon-Sigl Kit 6.1 kg vs standard racing in fiberglass: around 15kg.

The result is 8kg of weight reduction just just by reducing/taking off unnecessary elements

Hope that clears it up for yeah

By your inference lmao.. Yeah I get what you meant now, so sorry. You done taking a piss? Here's what I found on the Aprilia board from the maker I assume. Clearly a typo on shamens part. Let's get 'em haha

Hope that clears it up for yeah

It was a weight saving of 8kg with a different tank/subframe/fiberglass not 15kg saved just with fibreglass. So the weight savings of the fibreglass was a couple lbs not 30. Small difference.

I know you like to argue so I'll save 440lbs when I convert my bike to a race bike.

His original post was saving 15kg. Thanks for the clarification. I believe it replaces tank AND subframe, which is where the weight savings largely come from. Carbon isn't that much lighter than Fiberglas, so this makes sense to be 9kg different. Still, we're talking about 20lbs, amirite? Nobody takes dumps THAT big, :D :D :D

It was a weight saving of 8kg with a different tank/subframe/fiberglass not 15kg saved just with fibreglass. So the weight savings of the fibreglass was a couple lbs not 30. Small difference.

I know you like to argue so I'll save 440lbs when I convert my bike to a race bike.

Do I? fwiw, I'm not the one who came into the discussion slingin' sarcasm ;) lol

Have a good rest of your day.

His original post was saving 15kg. Thanks for the clarification. I believe it replaces tank AND subframe, which is where the weight savings largely come from. Carbon isn't that much lighter than Fiberglas, so this makes sense to be 9kg different. Still, we're talking about 20lbs, amirite? Nobody takes dumps THAT big, :D :D :D

Yeah I think so. Looks great too. Reminds me of the KTM Moto2 bike :cool:

Back
Top Bottom