"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice | GTAMotorcycle.com

"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice

griff2

Banned
[h=1]Project Ride Alive focuses on motorcycle safety in Milton, Halton Hills[/h]"The sobering statistics released by police show that, in 2015, 87 per cent of motorcycle-related collisions that resulted in fatal and life-altering injuries in Halton were due to motorcycle operator error."

http://www.theifp.ca/news-story/6768967-project-ride-alive-focuses-on-motorcycle-safety-in-milton-halton-hills/

I am confused, I just read some stats somewhere that said that most were related to other vehicles, mostly left turns by cars.

So they are educating riders to not worry about the other vehicle? which is the one damn thing riders need to worry about the most!

Oh my

You're both track junkies though. Vast majority of street riders are way under skilled compared to you two.

.....like griff2....

So they're far more likely to go down due to rider error.

That is an interesting statistic. I emailed HRP about it, but got an out of office reply. Will share details if I get any

That is an interesting statistic. I emailed HRP about it, but got an out of office reply. Will share details if I get any

Please do. I plan to ride that area in the very near future.

There are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics. - Mark Twain (or Disraeli)

I am confused, I just read some stats somewhere that said that most were related to other vehicles, mostly left turns by cars.

So they are educating riders to not worry about the other vehicle? which is the one damn thing riders need to worry about the most!

Oh my
This is Halton only. The others were for all Ontario.

Oh my

This year may be an anomaly for OPP-patrolled roads.

Over the longer term, the OPP reported a while ago that "Fact: Between 2008 and 2014, for 50 of the 175 motorcycle victims, the driver of the motorcycle was driving properly at the time." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/motorcycle-deaths-could-hit-7-year-high-opp-says-1.2742576

50 of 175 motorcycle-riding victims doing nothing wrong sure implies that 125 of 175 were doing something other than right. That suggests that a rider's worst enemy as far as personal safety goes is the rider him or herself.

OPP is all of Ontario yes, but the odds you'll see an OPP car actively patrolling the downtown core of any larger city is pretty low, probably zero.

Opp is all of Ontario.

It is and it isn't.

The OPP stats covered only the sections of highway actually patrolled by the OPP, which is the King's highways and other roads not patrolled by a local a municipal or regional police force. The OPP stats will not include crashes that occur on say the 15th sideroad in Halton Region, or Snake Road in Burlington, etc.

Is it just me, or are these weird injury/death fetish threads getting more common on GTAM?

At the end is just an excuse to ticket bikes. WTF does the exhaust have anything to do with rider safely operating a motorcycle.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

Opp is all of Ontario.

Actually thankfully some municipalities still make use of local police forces and haven't succumbed to hiring the OPP yet.

Well, thankful if you pay property tax anyway, their strategy is generally undercut the local police force and then jack up the price after their position is secure and it would be difficult to start over.

I'm sure there are less competent and less professional police forces than the OPP but I haven't encountered any yet in my travels...at least I haven't met any overtly racist officers here (yet)

Is it just me, or are these weird injury/death fetish threads getting more common on GTAM?

Which is why I'm subtly calling out griff2 for being a ****** rider.

People don't wear gear, they start on SS bikes, they do wheelies down Yonge and Finch during rush hour (I've seen one, gave the guy a thumbs up too), and many other stupid things.

...this is rather obvious, why call it out on a motorcycle forum is beyond me.

油井緋色;2432010 said:
Which is why I'm subtly calling out griff2 for being a ****** rider.

People don't wear gear, they start on SS bikes, they do wheelies down Yonge and Finch during rush hour (I've seen one, gave the guy a thumbs up too), and many other stupid things.

...this is rather obvious, why call it out on a motorcycle forum is beyond me.

Maybe because on this motorcycle forum there has developed a fetish of blaming almost all rider calamity on cagers, when clearly that is not the case.

Maybe because on this motorcycle forum there has developed a fetish of blaming almost all rider calamity on cagers, when clearly that is not the case.
This right here. Most of these accidents can be avoided by being vigilant.

Back
Top Bottom