"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice

Yea taxi drivers drive everyday, all that makes them is ******** with a lot of practice in bad habits.

Without a proper motorcycle decathlon rating system, we can't argue properly. The categories are:

Street
Track
Dualsport
Motocross
Trials
Stunting
Gymkhana
Posing
Ice Cream
Grom

That way we can instantly judge the value of posted opinions, leading to useful threads and hopefully less measured/swinging genitalia. Everyone starts with one point per category as long as they have watched a motovlogger explaining the subject.

What if they ARE the motovlogger explaining the subject!? InstaWin?

Also, why is ice cream so far down the list?

You need to put tape on the headlights/mirrors/tail light.....not too hard. Empty track, that'll cost ya.

Going "round and round" is for a different reason then what you normally ride for. It's not an adventure, there's no sights to see. You focus on riding and that's it. We know you think track days or track riding in general is pointless but that doesn't mean it's a useless way to learn valuable skills. Same as riding in the dirt, you learn bike control in an invironment that is less likely to get you killed from someone other then yourself.

I'm very sure I can confidently navigate city traffic while riding a bike and not get into trouble. Actually I'd have an easier time then trying to drive my 3/4t truck around the city core which I did daily for longer then I care to talk about.

I don't think it's pointless. I don't think it's my thing. I know tons of people get a kick out of it. My thing is seeing new things and using a bike to do that. Stopping randomly and getting my camera out or riding to a deserted lakeshore and having a nap in total peace and quiet. I like speed but it's not everything, you have to stop and smell the roses sometimes.

When I was younger I got the chance to do aerobatics quite a few times with ex and current fighter pilots in gliders (unusual) and single engined aircraft (awesome). After that many things seemed pretty tame so I do actually understand where the track day people are coming from sometimes.

Since everything we do is meaningless bookended by birth and death it's easy to see how some people might be motivated to ascribe a certain weightyness to their chosen time killer. "I can trail brake better into a decreasing radius downhill and pick up the throttle better than that guy who delivered our pizza last night. I'm pretty sure, anyway" "Well done m8!"

Without a proper motorcycle decathlon rating system, we can't argue properly. The categories are:

Street
Track
Dualsport
Motocross
Trials
Stunting
Gymkhana
Posing
Ice Cream
Grom

That way we can instantly judge the value of posted opinions, leading to useful threads and hopefully less measured/swinging genitalia. Everyone starts with one point per category as long as they have watched a motovlogger explaining the subject.

I know you're joking but I'm going to argue that there is some truth to this statement.

Case in point: any competitive sport/e-sport. I used to be extremely competitive at StarCraft 2 (world top 1000). When talking with other players online, you can immediately see their general ranking. Generally anyone lower than the top 10%'s (maybe even less) opinion meant absolutely nothing because their "problems" weren't problems at the highest level of play.

I don't see riding as any different. If ZX600, Dricked, or any other guy I know is much faster than me, I shut the hell up and listen. Anyone slower than me and I will generally be extremely critical of their advice (one moron told me he goes faster by dragging his rear brake on hwy ramps once, he also almost rammed into my friend a few times).

Street wise it's really easy: how many accidents has one gotten into involving another vehicle or pedestrian over x years or x kilometers? I don't know what a strict x definition is but if it's 0 accidents over 3 years and at least 30,000km of riding, they've probably hit the maximum they can learn on the street. The only way to get safer after that is to learn by pushing limits. Knowledge is always useful.

What if they ARE the motovlogger explaining the subject!? InstaWin?

We're at the trial balloon stage, Mister Five. Until our solicitor pokes and prods the idea, I'd expect a fair amount of loop-holery. Ice cream is ranked lower to avoid providing Joe Bass an unfair advantage to begin with. The standards committee will have the final say, I imagine, if they can stop fussing over the bloody crossword and obituaries.

We're at the trial balloon stage, Mister Five. Until our solicitor pokes and prods the idea, I'd expect a fair amount of loop-holery. Ice cream is ranked lower to avoid providing Joe Bass an unfair advantage to begin with. The standards committee will have the final say, I imagine, if they can stop fussing over the bloody crossword and obituaries.

OTOH he may sugar out in the first round or freeze up his forehead. Actually, a frozen forehead might be to his advantage. Just thinking out loud here.

油井緋色;2435234 said:
I know you're joking but I'm going to argue that there is some truth to this statement.

Levity isn't always dismissive. I once suggested starting an "ASK" subforum, where the you could post m/c questions to the obviously smarter/cooler GTAMers, one-to-one. It would keep the threads short and sweet with actual knowledge. Also, democratic, no standards committee required. Then we could rename "General Motorcycle Discussion" to "Banter & Blowhards" to keep things honest.

Last edited:
One to one is a pm I think. Will investigate further.

Re: "“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice

Exactly.
What happened to all the Joe Bass love??
**Edit**
Just read posts 166 & 167
Thanks guys! (I think) although I am still willing to bet that you two are one and the same. If not, I gladly accept the twofer. #NoHomo #InrebRules #FlywheelToo

@jc100 I'm trying to budget for the Sharp course for next year.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Last edited:
油井緋色;2435234 said:
I don't see riding as any different. If ZX600, Dricked, or any other guy I know is much faster than me, I shut the hell up and listen. Anyone slower than me and I will generally be extremely critical of their advice (one moron told me he goes faster by dragging his rear brake on hwy ramps once, he also almost rammed into my friend a few times).

This.
You don't ask a forklift driver for investment advice. (Although I'm happy to oblige)
When ZX or Dricked have given me advice, I listen. I don’t aspire to ride track, but when I had some issues with some sweeping curves, the advice I received from the track guys helped me a lot. Ymmv.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'm actually quite slender; #racebod

Know what trumps everything? no not the Donald, SEAT TIME. want to be a better rider. seat time. See Rossi go ride round and round in the off season, he needs seat time to stay on top. Notice your insurance goes down on a street bike a bit after you have a season or two, its seat time. The motocross guys go and have this thing called practice, its seat time, unless you stand a lot.

All your efforts to be better are determined by your arse. In many walks of life.

Back
Top Bottom