Adjusting a streetlight sensor | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adjusting a streetlight sensor

Can a mod tell me why my posts were deleted from this thread? I haven't received any infraction and don't see why I would.

The censorship is strong with this one...

Cool, it looks like they are actually going to fix it! I got a reply back including:

[FONT=&quot]Regional staff conducted a site investigation and found that the vehicle detector on side street (Romfield Circuit) was damaged. In addition, our electrical contractor was dispatch to repair this issue. As an interim solution, staff placed this signal on recall such that side street is being served without any pedestrian and vehicle demand at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bayview Avenue and Romfield Circuit North / Sycamore Drive.[/FONT]

OK HERE'S A REAL STORY.

My street has a very long traffic light (does have pedestrian crossing buttons too but still is pretty long) If i didn't get off the bike to press the button id have to rely on a car have the light turn.

Called the city of Mississauga/Peel placed a complaint that it's endangering for me to do so because the lack of light change makes me run the red (which is a lie..but wtv) they said they'd investigate and blah blah blah blah.

Long story short, my buddy works as an electrician as a subcontractor and he ended up changing the sensitivity of the sensor the next time he was working in my neighborhood because, in the end, the city wasn't gonna do anything. I never got contacted back for it whatsoever and that was last year.

It now has worked ever since the sensitivity setting has been changed.

The City is not responsible for the traffic lights, it's all maintained by Guild Electric, next time you see a truck at the intersection working, look at the name on it....

The City is not responsible for the traffic lights, it's all maintained by Guild Electric, next time you see a truck at the intersection working, look at the name on it....
You sure the city doesn't just contract Guild for the repairs? Just because Guild has the contract to work on it doesn't mean the city doesn't actually manage the maintenance or repairs.

You sure the city doesn't just contract Guild for the repairs? Just because Guild has the contract to work on it doesn't mean the city doesn't actually manage the maintenance or repairs.

Your right, and I guess I worded it incorrectly, the infrastructure and all those traffic standards are owned by the City, Guild has the contract to maintain and repair to the City's standard, once the fix has been done the City makes sure it was done correctly and then Guild is paid....

I just know the City does not follow up with the resident typically once a repair has been completed.

Actually Guild does the work for Mississauga, Brampton and Peel Region.....

Yes so that would mean that my buddy works with Guild. And my buddy didn't get anything/request from the city to change it, month after i put my request in. So in the end, knowing someone who works for Guild is more efficient than going through the city to put in the request as they'll just sit on it at the city and not care

A rider was killed making a left at a set of lights near my home in Caledon roughly 2 years ago, so the town changed the intersection to advanced green left turns only. Stupid thing is that they didn't calibrate it for motorcycles, which forced me to run a red to make the left daily before I called to complain about it. It was a bit of a run around with the town and the MTO but they finally put me in touch with someone and they had me ride out to test it with my bike after they re-calibrated it.

Back
Top Bottom