Tue 12th Hwy 403 stunters - you're on CTV news | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tue 12th Hwy 403 stunters - you're on CTV news

Likely as long as humans have walked the face of the earth, the young, have always thought of themselves as invincible. The adrenaline rush of danger can be just as addictive as most drugs. Just like drugs, as time passes the "dose" has to increase to get the same "feeling". Increasing the "dose" both in drugs and the rush can be fatal.

Obviously, none of us were there, but the witnesses accounts don't seem to be fabricated, nor is it unlikely that stunting behaviour could be taking place on the 401 early morning hours, given that we see it at 6 pm.

Stunting or not, this incident will be devastating for the families involved f the riders as well as for the truck driver, and all the people, including first responders who had to deal with the aftermath.

As I've said before here and elsewhere, there seems to be 2 main types of riders out there...those that enjoy the connection with vehicle, rider, and road, and those who ride to get a rush from danger. The former group (the one I identify with) seems to try to mitigate what risk they can with gear, not pushing beyond 70-80% on the streets, etc...whereas the other seems to get off on adding to the danger, like they are chasing a bigger and bigger high each time.

I've rode with the latter before, and commented after about how they were pushing it hard in blind corners, and how could they see...their response was pretty much "I couldn't and that's the rush". All I could do is shake my head and hope I don't have to attend a funeral in future.

Always saddens me when I see something like the recent one on the 401, and if it does turn out to be rider error, then that means that death was preventable BY the rider. We have to watch out for enough things when on our roads these days, but I guess some people still think they are invincible.

Likely as long as humans have walked the face of the earth, the young, have always thought of themselves as invincible. The adrenaline rush of danger can be just as addictive as most drugs. Just like drugs, as time passes the "dose" has to increase to get the same "feeling". Increasing the "dose" both in drugs and the rush can be fatal.

It's funny though, maybe I am an oddity but I never really went through a phase like that, or a rebel phase like some people do in their teens or early 20s. Then again, I've always been one to overthink things to death sometimes, so I've never been one to take risks where they weren't warranted. Even riding a motorcycle is a calculated risk, which is why I'll only ride ATGATT, and try to do it away from traffic as much as possible.

Also, maybe it is because motorcycles do draw some to the risks involved...it almost seems like those who do not grow out of an 'invincible phase' are more likely to own motorcycles, which is maybe why we see and hear so many stories these days. I know some in their 20s who are model riders, meanwhile I know others in their 40s-50s who aren't happy below 200km/h.

Our insurance rates.

Can we stop blaming stunters and idiot riders for our insurance rates?

It's now a given that insurance rates are a complete scam in this province, and -last I checked- this isn't the only place where people ride like ******** on the road.

******* riders are everywhere, but unreasonable insurance rates are not. The insurance industry wants you to blame "all those other irresponsible people" and not them for scamming us. It's diverting blame, plain and simple.

Well of course we are dealing in generalities. Not everyone is a risk taker and not everyone, (those in their 40 and 50's not happy under 200 km/h), are adrenaline junkies. Just posting that this is really nothing new, it has gone on forever. The biggest difference is cell phone cameras and social media so now we see their antics in real time.

As a copper I went to a couple of "death by misadventure" calls, back then no cell phone cameras, no one heard the details or saw what happened. Today someone would be recording and it would by on You Tube or Facebook instantly..lol.

It's funny though, maybe I am an oddity but I never really went through a phase like that, or a rebel phase like some people do in their teens or early 20s. Then again, I've always been one to overthink things to death sometimes, so I've never been one to take risks where they weren't warranted. Even riding a motorcycle is a calculated risk, which is why I'll only ride ATGATT, and try to do it away from traffic as much as possible.

Also, maybe it is because motorcycles do draw some to the risks involved...it almost seems like those who do not grow out of an 'invincible phase' are more likely to own motorcycles, which is maybe why we see and hear so many stories these days. I know some in their 20s who are model riders, meanwhile I know others in their 40s-50s who aren't happy below 200km/h.

Interesting Reading the linked article "Police said they are trying to locate the third rider with injuries, who left the scene just before officers arrived."

Motorcycling is a brotherhood.

Well of course we are dealing in generalities. Not everyone is a risk taker and not everyone, (those in their 40 and 50's not happy under 200 km/h), are adrenaline junkies. Just posting that this is really nothing new, it has gone on forever. The biggest difference is cell phone cameras and social media so now we see their antics in real time.

As a copper I went to a couple of "death by misadventure" calls, back then no cell phone cameras, no one heard the details or saw what happened. Today someone would be recording and it would by on You Tube or Facebook instantly..lol.

Now that I can agree with... YouTube Lamborghini hits pole Russia for a recent graphic example

Back
Top Bottom