Riders Plus / Echelon | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riders Plus / Echelon

W1GHTY

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and planning on getting into riding (rode dirt bikes when I was younger). I was looking around at insurance options and a buddy suggested that I check out “Riders Plus”. I was scouring the forum but was unable to find anyone talking about them. Does anyone use them or have used them? It looks like they deal with Echelon and Intact Insurance (Quoted from Intact already and it was a “we don’t really want your business quote”, almost 4 grand a year). Echelon on the other hand didn’t seem horrible coming in at around 1400 with collision (plan on financing).

I currently have my M1 and have booked a course at the end of the month at Fanshawe College. I based my quotes on after I obtain my M2.

Quoted bike: Kawasaki Ninja EX300

Side note: Also have my full G (not sure if it will play any role in all of it)

Thanks in advance, this community looks like a great place to be.

I've been with them for 2 years. They signed me under Echelon for my 30yo bike.

You should probably try to get quotes from as many insurers as possible, although 1400 w/ collision for a first year rider in his 20's seems pretty decent.

I've been with them for 2 years. They signed me under Echelon for my 30yo bike.

You should probably try to get quotes from as many insurers as possible, although 1400 w/ collision for a first year rider in his 20's seems pretty decent.

I figured that seemed like an alright quote. I was also going to check out; Surnet, Aviva, State Farm and TD. I'd assume most companies would want me to swap over my car and home to get bike insurance though.

I've been Rider's Plus for 7 years, always under Echelon. No complaints and I have yet to find cheaper. Try Mantha as well, a few local guys I ride with started with them.

I've been Rider's Plus for 7 years, always under Echelon. No complaints and I have yet to find cheaper. Try Mantha as well, a few local guys I ride with started with them.

Thanks. I'll add them to the list of possibilities.

I'm with Echelon as well,M1 w/ riding course.. 26 y/o with a ninja 300. like $1032/year with only liability. It was the best quote by far so I went with them. A few weeks later I seen a lot of people talk about Dalton Timmis, I did a quote with them just to see the difference and they were $100 less, it was too late for me to switch over to them or else I probably would have

I'm with Echelon as well,M1 w/ riding course.. 26 y/o with a ninja 300. like $1032/year with only liability. It was the best quote by far so I went with them. A few weeks later I seen a lot of people talk about Dalton Timmis, I did a quote with them just to see the difference and they were $100 less, it was too late for me to switch over to them or else I probably would have

Thanks for the tip. That seems pretty good with your M1. Are you enjoying the Ninja 300? Did you ride before? I can't wait to get on one and take it for a spin.

Thanks for the tip. That seems pretty good with your M1. Are you enjoying the Ninja 300? Did you ride before? I can't wait to get on one and take it for a spin.

I am enjoying it yes, if I could go back I maybe would have got something a bit bigger but its a fun bike. I also wanted to keep insurance as cheap as possible this year first starting out and than next year move to something like the monster 696 or ZR6N. The 300 is a great starter bike I just feel like it was easy to outgrow since I had a yz250f dirt bike for quite some time

I am enjoying it yes, if I could go back I maybe would have got something a bit bigger but its a fun bike. I also wanted to keep insurance as cheap as possible this year first starting out and than next year move to something like the monster 696 or ZR6N. The 300 is a great starter bike I just feel like it was easy to outgrow since I had a yz250f dirt bike for quite some time

Some of the main reasons I have been looking at that bike. Figured I’d ride it for a season or 2 to get comfortable because the bike seems to be a little bit more forgiving and by then maybe insurance wouldn’t be astronomical on something a bit bigger. How was the transition from a dirt bike to a sport?

Fellow London rider here.

Call any and all of these places:

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

Fellow London rider here.

Call any and all of these places:

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

Thanks! I wasn't expecting contact info and names. That's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom