Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle!

Canadian Rider

All my friends have been playing Pokemon GO and it has become a viral sensation almost overnight, so I decide lets try it out, I give you my brief review on the game and we take to the streets on my motorcycle.

Overall I have to say I had fun guys... I don't know how long this fad will last, but I have to say the experience is something unique!

No I don't try to use the phone while I am on my motorcycle riding, any use I do is when I pull over and turn off my motorcycle!

[video=youtube;tGFEp61PV1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGFEp61PV1w[/video]

Cue six million crusty old people complaining about things that "kids" do these days

Cue the people who set up transmitters in remote areas, and then rob the Pokemon masters when they show up.

I want to ask Red or Blue, but you may not have been old enough for that... I can't believe that is now 20 years ago

I tried this on small streets around me, but found it too distracting to ride around with it running + my battery dies fast (Though I do have a charger hooked up to the bike).

I just go to a couple known Pokestops in the area and pull out my phone if I'm bored...

I tried this on small streets around me, but found it too distracting to ride around with it running + my battery dies fast (Though I do have a charger hooked up to the bike).

I just go to a couple known Pokestops in the area and pull out my phone if I'm bored...

Quick tip to really help your battery life, go to Google Maps and download offline maps of your area :) Goodbye majority of your battery drain

Be careful. I'd suggest this is against HTA 78.1

If convicted, aside from the $1,000 fine, I think there is a 30-day suspension for G1/G2/M1/M2 license holders.

78. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway if the display screen of a television, computer or other device in the motor vehicle is visible to the driver. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.

Exceptions

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the display screen of,
(a) a global positioning system navigation device while being used to provide navigation information;
(b) a hand-held wireless communication device or a device that is prescribed for the purpose of subsection 78.1 (1);
(c) a logistical transportation tracking system device used for commercial purposes to track vehicle location, driver status or the delivery of packages or other goods;
(d) a collision avoidance system device that has no other function than to deliver a collision avoidance system; or
(e) an instrument, gauge or system that is used to provide information to the driver regarding the status of various systems of the motor vehicle. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.

Last edited:
Be careful. I'd suggest this is against HTA 78.1

If convicted, aside from the $1,000 fine, I think there is a 30-day suspension for G1/G2/M1/M2 license holders.

78. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway if the display screen of a television, computer or other device in the motor vehicle is visible to the driver. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.

Exceptions

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the display screen of,
(a) a global positioning system navigation device while being used to provide navigation information;
(b) a hand-held wireless communication device or a device that is prescribed for the purpose of subsection 78.1 (1);
(c) a logistical transportation tracking system device used for commercial purposes to track vehicle location, driver status or the delivery of packages or other goods;
(d) a collision avoidance system device that has no other function than to deliver a collision avoidance system; or
(e) an instrument, gauge or system that is used to provide information to the driver regarding the status of various systems of the motor vehicle. 2009, c. 4, s. 1.

This could be applied to everyone who mounts a phone on their bike for any purpose other than GPS.

That being said, I suspect that it won't be long before there's a massive blitz on Pokemon Go players while driving.

Have already seen many stupid/careless actions as a result of drivers playing while driving.

So at 2AM i tried to do both together on one of those residential lanes. No traffic.

Most horrible idea ever. I don't know how people can do it while driving. After 500m of riding i was like "FOK THIS".
Besides when riding or driving, you lose out on the mileage to hatch your eggs.

I'll keep rollerblading and walking (as i did before the game even came on) and i'll be able to stay safe lol.
The nostalgia is real though, trying to recreate the team i had on my original game boy in the late 90s
Primeape, Arcanine, Venusaur, Charizard, Gengar, Abrakadabra

That was my lineup. Loved it.

Cue six million crusty old people complaining about things that "kids" do these days

Get off my lawn....

Jokes aside, I do cringe a little at things like this (video), in that anything that takes your eyes off the road, even for a second, could cost you your life. Sure, we all do it to check speed, time, look at a GPS if needed, but not for the sake of playing some video game...

Last edited:
What's funny is it's literally called a "Lure"

as for the part you Edited out
most of the landmarks were taken from a previous game of them called "Ingress" where are the landmarks were actually crowdsourced. So anyone could take a picture and submit it for approval and ...well ..ingress wasn't as popular so didn't get crowds in the area.

This could be applied to everyone who mounts a phone on their bike for any purpose other than GPS.

Exception 2(b) means that a handlebar-mounted smart-phone would be ok when used as a telephone (with handsfree mode).

On a slightly different note, HTA 78 only applies to motor vehicles, not bicycles. But just because it is not-illegal, does not mean that is not stupid.

53dd33989c16e598116c9c8acc6f54f9_zpsmg70wrnu.jpg

I want to ask Red or Blue, but you may not have been old enough for that... I can't believe that is now 20 years ago
Yellow of course. You need to start with Pikachu, or you shouldn't have named your rival "Gary Oak!.

So at 2AM i tried to do both together on one of those residential lanes. No traffic.

Most horrible idea ever. I don't know how people can do it while driving. After 500m of riding i was like "FOK THIS".
Besides when riding or driving, you lose out on the mileage to hatch your eggs.

Exactly my thoughts on this.
First couple mins and I was already feeling how unsafe and stupid it was even when not in/around traffic.

That being said, I've seen many driving while playing when I'm on my bike...

Back
Top Bottom