Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle!

If you owned the stock before it surged almost 80%, simply due to the Pokémon craze, now it is falling fast. Would have been good to sell a few days ago

... ok, that's dumb. It's not really fair to say it's free falling though, it's just returned to a normal price after it was inflated by morons buying it. I'm sure only half of those people were morons, the other half were just taking advantage of the morons and somehow that's a perfectly legitimate trading strategy, etc

As for the game's longevity and retention, that still remains to be seen. I've just discovered that there are IV (individual values) for each pokémon: ATK/DEF/Stamina: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ed_iv_calculator_automatically_calculate_ivs/

They've gone through the game code and created a calculator that will provide you with the IVs based on CP, HP and Star Dust. When trading is enabled, most of the upper echelon will be looking out for low CP pokémon with near perfect stats.

Trading a 1500CP Dragonite with 0/1/5 IVs for a 600CP Dratini with 15/15/15... it's gonna be good times hustling and swindling the uninformed.

The battling infrastructure needs to change; at the moment it's just button mashing and swipe to dodge. The game concept is to catch as many pokémon as possible, including the same ones over and over again.

And that attack moves have all changed values without them issuing any type of information. So some OP (*cough* vaporeon *cough*) ones will be nerfed.

Basically the way i see how to play it in its current state

catch as many pokemon as you can till you get to level 20 (fastest way is by catching all pidgey, weedle, caterpie and rattata and evolving them during lucky egg...huge grind but..yeah)
Don't spend stardust till then
Then as you catch and hatch stronger pokemon, try to see which ones have the better IVs and evolve them and power them up with your stardust then.
Not evolving kinda sucks to be honest but catching poke-candy is a pain in the assss

The battling infrastructure needs to change; at the moment it's just button mashing and swipe to dodge. The game concept is to catch as many pokémon as possible, including the same ones over and over again.

Turn based attacks would be nice like the good old days. Though I'd think it'd be tough to code the AI for team battles of many varieties of pokemanzz (With multiple players).

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are the servers down all the time? I've never been into Pokémon, but it's the only time my older boy wants to spend with me. But everytime we slip out, we can't connect.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or are the servers down all the time? I've never been into Pokémon, but it's the only time my older boy wants to spend with me. But everytime we slip out, we can't connect.

I find that they've been a lot better than in the beginning with little to no downtime this past week. Before that though it was $hitty

It kinda sounds like you're disconnecting from Wifi when you step out of your house... and either can't find a data connection, or fails to switch over to mobile data? Locations would also need to be on.

It kinda sounds like you're disconnecting from Wifi when you step out of your house... and either can't find a data connection, or fails to switch over to mobile data? Locations would also need to be on.
Maybe. We were at the plaza near us. There's McDonald's Tim's Pizza pizza, maybe it was bouncing between wifi and lte. Will try again with wifi off. Between this and @lephillou not having any issues, I'm going with user error ?

Back
Top Bottom