Important News - Toronto's new Road Safety Plan | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Important News - Toronto's new Road Safety Plan

Just a guesstimate on what 3 surgeries and 2 weeks in the hospital when my kidneys failed cost the province.

Would banning motorcycles from the 403 have done the same?

Ahh, maybe now that the trash is gone it could be moved back?

Wingboy?

Toronto Council Road Safety Plan

I'm happy to say that after much work pressing the Council finally yesterday they amended the new safety plan and included motorcycles as being vulnerable road users thus opening possible action plan to save 'biker lives on Toronto roads. Don't ignore what's going on politically in your city, your life may depend on better road safety.

I think the idea is that the signs target the unique risks faced by motorcyclists... which are different than car drivers face. There are already plenty of warning signs for drivers, none for riders... they do the same thing in europe, where the politicians understand that being on a bike is different than being in a car.

Also, in focusing the risk argument on other drivers most here are ignoring the multitude of serious bike collisions that are singe vehicle.

The derailing and level of critical thinking demonstrated in this thread reminds me of why GTAM is the motorcycling world's version of a donald trump rally...

I understand what the intent is. What I'm saying is that motorcyclists should exercise enough focus and judgement to get by just fine with existing road signs which are intended for everyone. Single vehicle bike accidents are generally the fault of the rider due to lack of experience, training or attentiveness. I think the effort could be better spent elsewhere.

Btw you're part of this rally bud

Re: Toronto Council Road Safety Plan

Awesome work man!

Ahh, maybe now that the trash is gone it could be moved back?

Wingboy?

New thread merged with the tt thread and back in general discussion.Follow the forum rules please.

Something from this century would be nice, and something that encompasses a broad variety of HOV lane types (physically segregated vs just line markings, etc) would be even better.

But mostly, something from this century.

Why does it need to be recent? Seems to me, Virginia thought they should study it to be sure it made sense. Seems to me they thought it made sense and moved on. Seems no other state has felt it necessary to ban Motorcycles from HOV's and thus no major study (which I can find) has taken place since. Why is all this a problem for you?

These types of signs are already in use elsewhere in Ontario.. 15 side road comes to mind

Yes, but how many of them have a motorcycle icon on them? That's the key difference, and one that most of the mouth breathers here won't recognize the significance of, it means that the city identifies us as a distinct group, which has never happened anywhere in Canada before, and just like cyclists, distinct groups get policy concessions. And to the knuckle draggers, no, that a absolutely does not mean lower speed limits

Minimum 4 curves that I know of From Guelph line to 25

Back
Top Bottom