Exhaust modification | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust modification

mistersouthpaw

So i've got a set of iron 883 oem pipes which id like to put onto my vulcan 500. Would I be able to use my stock exhaust manifold and the harley pipes as a slip on? The issue I see with it is that the iron 883 pipes have an opening for a balance pipe on them as pictured and there is a balance pipe welded to the manifold already. If I were to weld the 883's holes for the balance pipe shut would this be fine? aside from whatever needs to be done to the carbs and mounting

http://i66.tinypic.com/2iiwsk5.jpg

So i've got a set of iron 883 oem pipes which id like to put onto my vulcan 500. Would I be able to use my stock exhaust manifold and the harley pipes as a slip on? The issue I see with it is that the iron 883 pipes have an opening for a balance pipe on them as pictured and there is a balance pipe welded to the manifold already. If I were to weld the 883's holes for the balance pipe shut would this be fine? aside from whatever needs to be done to the carbs and mounting

http://i66.tinypic.com/2iiwsk5.jpg

Don't waste your time. Unless you have experience on fabricating its going to be a huge job.
I doubt there would be any appreciable performance advantage without a ton of other work.
Save your money (and your sanity) and buy a different motorcycle.
You can only go so far in polishing a t*rd, its still going to be what it is....

Don't waste your time. Unless you have experience on fabricating its going to be a huge job.
I doubt there would be any appreciable performance advantage without a ton of other work.
Save your money (and your sanity) and buy a different motorcycle.
You can only go so far in polishing a t*rd, its still going to be what it is....

hm true.. I wasnt really planning on putting any money into it just doing it myself... and I enjoy messing around but thats pretty much what everyone is saying lol but it is possible then? If I wanted to anyway

Last edited:
Had a 500 Vulcan 10 years ago. Put some megaphone mufflers on it. Made a racket. No power gain. Backfired like crazy. Messed around with the carbs but never really got it right. Put stock back on, sold the bike, and got something with a little more jump.

Had a 500 Vulcan 10 years ago. Put some megaphone mufflers on it. Made a racket. No power gain. Backfired like crazy. Messed around with the carbs but never really got it right. Put stock back on, sold the bike, and got something with a little more jump.

Hmm yea eh? I was thinking that's probably what would happen. But I could easily just put the originals back on.. No big deal just some time spent

I like your attitude.

Mess around with your bike and if it doesn't work out, go back to the way it was. As long as you're not throwing away $$$.

I like your attitude.

Mess around with your bike and if it doesn't work out, go back to the way it was. As long as you're not throwing away $$$.

Lmao exactly. I like to learn by wrecking things. I really don't even care about a performance improvement.. I just can't stand the look and sound of the fart cans on it. The Harley pipes were free and my cousin welds ships..Might as well throw em on and see what happens lol if it sounds better and I like it then I'll fix any carb issues

Lmao the first guys advice made me laugh though. Question: would this work? Response: your bike sucks why bother lmaoo

Last edited:
A loud parallel twin, is just a loud parallel twin. The exhaust note will be just as annoying, only louder.

A loud parallel twin, is just a loud parallel twin. The exhaust note will be just as annoying, only louder.

yes that's right buy 4 cylinder bike and install titanium akra pipes and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom