Wasaga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasaga

wanted to but cant make it.

is this the one that is the "guided group ride" through the twisties by a canadian racer that was rained out a few weeks ago?

if its pushed to sunday i may be able to.

oh its forecast to rain on Saturday... I was thinking to go Saturday... Sunday maybe traffic on the way home as everyone coming back from their cottages.

You'd let the possibility of traffic stop you from going to a fun motorcycle event?

I go up there almost every weekend. There's a ton of side roads you can take back into the city to avoid cottage traffic.

Rain doesn't last long in Wasaga Beach. The lake effect pushes the clouds out and away. It's rained here twice this summer. One of which was a torrential downpour. But if you wake up and see clouds here, that will change in an hour. I've got a thread in multimedia to the event. Supposed to be double the bikes this year.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=195170

Last edited:
I went last year. Blistering heat with no shade. 50ft lineups at the bars. Lots of bikes, but lots of traffic too, which means you bake trying to get to the event. Admittedly, there were tons of bikes. TONS of 'em. Might be better to go at night and get wasted watching the live bands. Been asked to go with some friends this year and still pondering. If it's going to be 33c again, I think I'll skip it.

I might go to the Freedom Machine Rally instead at Frontier Ghost Town just west of Markdale. Seems a little more interesting.

Bikes are rolling in already (Thurs night). 16,000 people expected... that's double last years turnout. Should be a blast!

What's a good side road to take back to the city? I've taken 27... lot's of lights. Looks like the weather will be awesome this weekend so far 3 cruisers coming up from Toronto for sure. Going up Saturday morning

What's a good side road to take back to the city? I've taken 27... lot's of lights. Looks like the weather will be awesome this weekend so far 3 cruisers coming up from Toronto for sure. Going up Saturday morning
Airport Rd runs from just outside wasaga all the way to Brampton.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Airport Road is a nice ride on a bike if you don't get stuck behind slow traffic. Just be careful of the straights as impatient car drivers take their chances on passing rows of slower cars.. hence it earned it's name Scairport Road. If you know what you're doing, it's ok. On Airport Road you can turn off at Mansfield and hit one of the twistiest roads in Ontario... you'll take that over to Hwy 10 and then straight south. Watch for hidden popo on Airport Road.

Airport Road is a nice ride on a bike if you don't get stuck behind slow traffic. Just be careful of the straights as impatient car drivers take their chances on passing rows of slower cars.. hence it earned it's name Scairport Road. If you know what you're doing, it's ok. On Airport Road you can turn off at Mansfield and hit one of the twistiest roads in Ontario... you'll take that over to Hwy 10 and then straight south. Watch for hidden popo on Airport Road.
^This. Also watch for cars passing over blind hills.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Saturday was a great turnout. They're giving bikes the main beach to park on free, cars have to turn around. If you get stuck behind the turning around cars, you can lane-split by the cars into parking lot 1 and straight on to the main beach. Bikes only are also allowed to enter in on the street behind the beer store on to the main beach. A lot of cruisers / Harley crowd, not a lot of sportbikes. I guess insurance has taken its toll on the Ontario supersport market. Is it Sturgis or Daytona Beach? No. Is it something to see in Ontario? Most definitely. If you get tired at looking at Hogs, there's plenty of bikinis. The bands are wrapping it up now. Sunday is supposed to be great weather here as well.

2zxm555.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom