July 19 Trackday at GBM | GTAMotorcycle.com

July 19 Trackday at GBM

HawkEye#311

Site Supporter
There is another thread out there that morphed from a June 14 discussion into a July 19 discussion so I figured I would start a proper thread about the day.

Taking from the other thread, it seems like we have 2 track layout options on the go...Forward & Reverse Screaming Alien.

As it stands now

Reverse Screaming Alien has 3 votes. smergy, sunny750, me

Screaming Alien has 2 votes. doozerdave, GSXR Girl

Are you planning to attend?

If so the question becomes...Do you like yourself a good forward or reverse Screaming Alien?

Because of my extremely dodgy knees (need a full joint replacement on my right knee) I favour LH Bends so I'll go with reverse.

Last edited:
Is it actual open for voting? I really don't care that much, as long as it's not raining. For people looking to even out tire wear (which is probably the case for a few of the votes) reverse is better. For me, I have one track day on my tires, they're evenly worn and the rear is reversible so I don't care :p

They will just last a day longer now :) I'm on a GPA and something different is always fun.

I voted for reverse technical :)

I'll be coming, no preference, anything but Long will be good, as done that 3 times so far this year :) No issues with reverse layouts.

My new set of brake pads just arrived from BlueStreakRacing, so whatever the layout I'll be able to stop my bike. LOL :p

Anything special needed to attend one of these for the first time?

Not new to track days but never done one here is ON

is this day running 100% for sure? I need to change my work schedule to make it, but I have to be 100% it will run depending on weather

Forecast is sunny & 27 degrees ( but it is GB) & judging by people posting here numbers shouldn't be an issue as there's 5 or 6 of us from Guelph attending as well as the guys & gals on here

Last edited:
The plan is to go ahead but obviously weather is always an issue.Currently the forecast is good. We take reservations online but do not process them unless the day is going forward (processed the day of) so it makes sense to preregister and save the $25. A new procedure we are adding to the lapping days is you will sign in at the gate as usual but you will receive your level sticker (Green, Yellow or Red) at tech inspection. That we ensure all bikes lapping have gone thru tech. The sticker will be put on your bike to designate the class you are running and the fact you have cleared tech. No sticker = no access to the track.

Signed up earlier this morning...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom