Consignment auto sales in west part of GTA or KW? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Consignment auto sales in west part of GTA or KW?

Blackfin

Site Supporter
I've got a car I'm thinking of selling to help finance the purchase of a new bike. I might see if the bike dealer is interested in the car as a trade in though I doubt I'll get a fair offer on it from them if they are amenable to such a deal. I don't really relish the idea of selling it via Autotrader.ca or Kijiji because I don't want to have to deal with "test pilots", tire-kickers, weirdos and the like. The notion of consignment crossed my mind as having a good chance of getting a decent deal on it but I'm not even sure if there are dealerships in KW, Guelph or Cambridge that do such deals. If not around here, what about the west-side of the GTA (e.g. Burlington, Oakville, Georgetown etc)?

What kind of car; depending on what it is, I would guess selling on Kijiji would be the least painful route. For example nice Honda Civic 500 less than market it will be gone by the time you read your own add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of car; depending on what it is, I would guess selling on Kijiji would be the least painful route. For example nice Honda Civic 500 less than market it will be gone by the time you read your own add.

It's a 2002 Mustang GT, nearly mint condition (never seen snow and basically never seen rain; just replaced the original wiper blades a couple of weeks ago...). It has a Kenne Bell 1.7L twinscrew supercharger at 9psi, Comp 262AH cams, FRPP 3.73 rear end, Bullitt suspension and front brakes, Innovate WB AFR and gauge, Autometer boost guage etc.

U0zrybd.jpg

Kind of a niche car that likely has a fairly small target market. Mostly, I really don't feel like dealing with guys coming and wanting test drives and time-wasting tire kicking etc.

I would think dealers would stay away from modified vehicles. As for trade-in, you could sell it for half of what you think it's worth and you'd still be getting a better deal.

Throw a trade ad up on kijiji and ignore any responses that are garbage. List what you are looking for and you might find someone that got themselves a toy looking to trade for a different toy. Bike that you want for the mustang you have.

Dealer won't give you what you want.

Not sure if there are any Ontario Mustang forums you could post some feelers out.

If you are serious, you will take a bath on the Mustang and won't get much more than a stock car.

Now is the time to sell the mustang as its summer. Maybe look for any evening or weekend car meets and let folks know it's up for sale?

Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom