Tire Recommendation - Q3 vs S21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Recommendation - Q3 vs S21

ddzc

Hey everyone,

For general street use on an SS (CBR600, GSXR600), what is recommended? I didn't do days of research but found some deals on the Dunlop Q3 and Bridgestone S21. Revzilla doesn't have much on the S21s but the Q3 looks to be really good, 5 star reviews across the board.

Any recommendation, or neither?

Thanks!

Michelin Pilot Roads 4

+1 for PR4
Or use whatever makes you happy, its the street, It doesn't matter as long is not the stock tires that came with your bike
Michelin Pilot Roads 4

Thanks all! I heard the PR4s wear out a lot quicker than the other models...

Thanks all! I heard the PR4s wear out a lot quicker than the other models...
You're probably confusing it with the Pilot Powers

pr4's are sport touring and should last a long time but with less grip; Q3 and S21 are quite biased towards the performance end of things and won't last as long. So you have to ask yourself what it is you want from the tire. If it's as sticky as they can get, RS10 or supercorsa (the later needing lots of warmup) but you'll be lucky to get 3-4k; if you want a bit of both *with the ability to do a track day or 2*, Q3 lasted 9K with reasonable grip and I suspect the S21 will be as good or better; if you're doing a lot of long straight rides *aswell, with no track days in your future,* the pilot road is the tire for you

Last edited:
well, straight rides and twisty stuff at high speed, I would bet most people in here won't out perform a PR4 on their street bikes but whatever, leaving the thread about tires alone
pr4's are sport touring and should last a long time but with less grip; Q3 and S21 are quite biased towards the performance end of things and won't last as long. So you have to ask yourself what it is you want from the tire. If it's as sticky as they can get, RS10 or supercorsa (the later needing lots of warmup) but you'll be lucky to get 3-4k; if you want a bit of both, Q3 lasted 9K with reasonable grip and I suspect the S21 will be as good or better; if you're doing a lot of long straight rides the pilot road is the tire for you

Shinko Ravens

Love mine so far and for 200 for the set on sale, can't complain. Depends what fast means; at the speed limit they are fine but I am not on a SS...

Figured I would stoke the tire thread fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, straight rides and twisty stuff at high speed, I would bet most people in here won't out perform a PR4 on their street bikes but whatever, leaving the thread about tires alone

Did I suggest otherwise :confused: He seemed confused on what a PR4 was, so I covered the spectrum, including the 2 tires he asked about, something none of the previous post bothered with; my bad, next time I'll just tell him what I like :rolleyes:

Edited my original post for you; hope it's satisfactory.

I was adding to your comment and not criticizing it, maybe it came out wrong on my part not sure.
Did I suggest otherwise :confused: He seemed confused on what a PR4 was, so I covered the spectrum, including the 2 tires he asked about, something none of the previous post bothered with; my bad, next time I'll just tell him what I like :rolleyes:

Edited my original post for you; hope it's satisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom