Day Trip Niagara to Burlington Return | GTAMotorcycle.com

Day Trip Niagara to Burlington Return

nakkers

Site Supporter
Left St Kitts yesterday afternoon around 1:30pm with the missus.

Took 81 at a relaxed pace and encountered a lot of bikes along the way.

Went up the escarpment somewhere between Grimsby an Stoney Creek to catch Ridge Road.

Stopped for some pics along Ridge Road before making our way down New Mountain Rd and pick up King St. Downtown Stoney Creek has been refreshed. Lively and quaint.

Then jumped on Centennial towards the lake and join Beach Rd????

Lots of stuff going on. There was some sort of gathering for Tesla, stopped for ice cream. Walked the path for a bit.

Back in the bike for trip along the Beach rd. A lot of home owners and vendors having a neighbourhood flea market of sorts.

Joined onto Lakeshore and carried on through Burlington. Encountered some construction by the hospital but, nothing major.

Spontaneous stop at Burlock (sic?) Park. From the road, nothing special. Small in fact. Parked and found a pathway to the water with a beautiful view of the water/shore.

Snacks and water. Walk and stretch. Take in the sights.

Back in the saddle. Carry on a little further to check out a Marina, have a tea. Not sure if it was still Burlington or Oakville?

Time to back track home. Tried to stick along the lake.

Gets tricky at the Hospital with construction. Decided to pull a u turn where the opp station is. Motorcycle cop pulls up along side, bike smile and laughed at us being obviously confused about where we are going.

Back on track and taking the North Service Road back. Plenty of vineyards, orchards, and little spots to just stop and check out the lake.

Stopped at Port Dalhousie for dinner in the beach. And then home.

A nice little loop and half day ride with plenty of stops.

The missus is happy and looking forward to the next trip and maybe stop at some of the yard sales/flea market vendors in the Hamilton Beach community.

Some nice homes in Burlington along the waterfront. Guelph line/Appleby Line and lakeshore area.

Waved at all kinds of two wheeled riders. Burgmans, SS, adventures and cruisers a like.

Great day for a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the area. Loads of fun.
Did you ride through Beemsville/King St. Is the round about finished? Last time I rode there it was covered in mud, stone, gravel.
Thanks.

Love the area. Loads of fun.
Did you ride through Beemsville/King St. Is the round about finished? Last time I rode there it was covered in mud, stone, gravel.
Thanks.

It's curbed and paced but, looks like they have landscaping/grounds work to do. The asphalt was free of gravel/sand.

The flea market area in Jordan Station has the road torn up for repaving though. Made for some on coming traffic to take the centre of the road for some reason.

It's curbed and paced but, looks like they have landscaping/grounds work to do. The asphalt was free of gravel/sand.

The flea market area in Jordan Station has the road torn up for repaving though. Made for some on coming traffic to take the centre of the road for some reason.

Thank you "nakkers"
I don`t mind the gravel so much as the clay mud. Last time I went through there they where wetting it down. I guess to stop the dust. :)

Last edited:
If further south put Port Colborne on you list of places to see. Eateries, shops architecture etc Some pleasant but not exciting roads along the lake.

If further south put Port Colborne on you list of places to see. Eateries, shops architecture etc Some pleasant but not exciting roads along the lake.

Thanks Nobbie.

I typically get out that way via Pelham Rd/Effingham St/ River Rd and then follow some of the lake shore.

Stop for some grub in Port Colborne and then make the way back.

Thanks Nobbie.

I typically get out that way via Pelham Rd/Effingham St/ River Rd and then follow some of the lake shore.

Stop for some grub in Port Colborne and then make the way back.

If you want to sip tea with your little pinky out try the high tea at Ridge Berry farm in Ridgeville.

Lakeshore Rd from Colborne to Maitland is quite nice as well. Crossing over the grand on 3 in Dunville you can pick up lakeshore again at Akiens Rd and follow the shore most of the way to Dover with a jog up to Rainham Rd around Selkirk then back down with a left at USS when Rainham ends. Lots of cottage country type narrow roads suitable for a slow sightseeing cruise with some great vistas

Being an east end guy I have never really ride through this area,, if anyone , wants to go one day let me know

Being an east end guy I have never really ride through this area,, if anyone , wants to go one day let me know

FB,

I work from home and can get out for day trips around the area. Pm me if you are looking for someone to show you around or get lost.

If you want to sip tea with your little pinky out try the high tea at Ridge Berry farm in Ridgeville.

The missus will appreciate that. And I appreciate that because I brought her there and appear thoughtful.

Lakeshore Rd from Colborne to Maitland is quite nice as well. Crossing over the grand on 3 in Dunville you can pick up lakeshore again at Akiens Rd and follow the shore most of the way to Dover with a jog up to Rainham Rd around Selkirk then back down with a left at USS when Rainham ends. Lots of cottage country type narrow roads suitable for a slow sightseeing cruise with some great vistas

Gonna scout that out today I think.

The missus will appreciate that. And I appreciate that because I brought her there and appear thoughtful.

My missus and my daughter both thought I was becoming civilized. Carson and Mrs. Hughes would be modestly impressed.

Back
Top Bottom