Recommendations for Motorcycle Friendly places to stay in Ottawa | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations for Motorcycle Friendly places to stay in Ottawa

Newfiezedder

Site Supporter
Hey everybody, looking for recommendations for Motorcycle friendly (aka secure-ish) places to stay in Ottawa. Thinking about crusiing down on the August long weekend for a night.

Thanks
Greg

Ottawa hotel rates can be erratic in the summer. Depends on conventions, festivals, etc.

I ride and stay at the Marriott Courtyard on Conventry. Underground parking and the accommodations very nice and the rate is consistently decent.

They have a decent restaurant and Starbucks.

Can jump across to Quebec easy enough or where ever from this location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Ottawa anywhere near as bad as Toronto for bike thefts?

I lived there for a while and didn't think so.

OP.. Byward market has motorcycle parking with decent rates and there's a courtyard Marriot right there too which probably has its own parking anyway. To get into Quebec you can take any of the bridges but there's a nice ride along the Ottawa River that takes you out past Orleans in the east and you can catch the ferry right over to Quebec where you can follow the river on the Quebec side or head north towards Tremblant, or north West towards Gatineau park and Wakefield with some nice roads there. Make sure you ride up to the Gatineau park lookout.

Thanks for the info guys, going to take a longer route to there (will ride most of the day), then back later part of the next day,

Webb's Motel is on Carling suburban and is a courtyard where you park in front of your room. Not a lot interesting immediately around it. Walk to pizza etc.

We stayed in a lot of Ottawa area hotels last year , as our son attends Carleton U.
Best one for us , is the Hilton Garden Inn beside the airport ... parking lot is big , well lit , and there's lots of people around at all hours ... hotel is clean , quiet and reasonably priced. ...
Good luck !

Sent from my SM-N900W8

I stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Kanata. There is an outstanding pedestrian mall next door with every dining option you could want. Carling Ave. will get you to the parkway to enjoy the scenic route down town. A good place to park right down town is 100 Queen St. under the World Exchange Plaza. I think that you can also take a bus from Kanata to the downtown area but you would have to research it.

I do this ride every summer because it is so easy and there are many great ways to get to Ottawa from here. Don't forget to ride 65/508 through Calabogie...

I stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Kanata. There is an outstanding pedestrian mall next door with every dining option you could want. Carling Ave. will get you to the parkway to enjoy the scenic route down town. A good place to park right down town is 100 Queen St. under the World Exchange Plaza. I think that you can also take a bus from Kanata to the downtown area but you would have to research it.

I do this ride every summer because it is so easy and there are many great ways to get to Ottawa from here. Don't forget to ride 65/508 through Calabogie...

I literally just came back from downtown Ottawa (staying in Westboro at AirBnB) and parked at 100 Queen - took my daughter to see the changing of the guard (pretty cool if you've never seen it). I'm not sure I would want to park my bike down there. It was pretty insane. Cars parked everywhere, even in the middle of the aisles. Had to do a few u-turns to get out. Very central though.

As MacDoc says, I would AirBnB it. Just find one that has a solid/secure parking spot for your bike - just ask the owner ahead of time. People don't like surprises. :)

Cheers,

Rob

Trip completed. Stayed at Capitol Hill Hotel and parked overnight in the World Exchange designated Motorcycle parking. I took this route, Hwy 65 (Centennial Lake Rd) had me smiling from Hwy 71 to Calabogie

Back
Top Bottom