County rd 10: Nth of Port Hope | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

County rd 10: Nth of Port Hope

Re: Hwy. 10 no asphalt

This is the 'bad section'....although as far as I know, the construction might be limited to the top 3km or so of the marked area.

https://goo.gl/L72qOB

thanks. You know, that section wasnt that bad at all, not sure it needed resurfacing? (Checked the Google street view - that left and right sweeper after the long straight has been a long time favourite of mine ). That straight is great too... lots of open area so can spot any hidden obstacles easily ..

thanks. You know, that section wasnt that bad at all, not sure it needed resurfacing? (Checked the Google street view - that left and right sweeper after the long straight has been a long time favourite of mine ). That straight is great too... lots of open area so can spot any hidden obstacles easily ..

Dunno and I agree, that section wasn't 100% perfect, but it didn't seem like it needed anything done to it. Almost seems like they are working their way down 10, as they started just above Ganaraska Rd prior to this patch.

FYI, here's a pic for reference, heading south on 10 at Ganaraska Rd:

172sux.png

South of Ganaraska Rd has now been paved.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

South of Ganaraska Rd has now been paved.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Was it marked?

Was it marked?

Was out there yesterday...still says construction but you can see the new asphalt from the intersection with Ganaraska Rd. I'd still take it easy on that section due to all the construction pylons, plus there was some loose gravel from the shoulder on the road in a few places from the construction...but it is 100% paved atm.

Was out there yesterday...still says construction but you can see the new asphalt from the intersection with Ganaraska Rd. I'd still take it easy on that section due to all the construction pylons, plus there was some loose gravel from the shoulder on the road in a few places from the construction...but it is 100% paved atm.

thanks. I assume its the same tar and chip paving they used further up?
I guess I wont bother heading that way this weekend... need to figure a new route out that way I guess..

No, south of Ganaraska Rd is pavement, not tar & chip. The section north was very clean when I was on it Saturday (ie. No lose chips).

thanks. I assume its the same tar and chip paving they used further up?
I guess I wont bother heading that way this weekend... need to figure a new route out that way I guess..

No, it's actual new pavement, which is a plus. Only issue is they are still finishing up, so lines have yet to be painted, and the road isn't 100% clean due to the gravel shoulders, so there are little patches of debris here and there atm.

Unless they do anything new, is fine for this weekend...just leave yourself a bit more of a margin for error when passing through.

What is "atm" in this context? I am sure you don't mean ATM machine.

..Tom
ATM - at the moment

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom