Is a safety required to sell privately?Inexpensive mechanics in Mississauga to do so? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is a safety required to sell privately?Inexpensive mechanics in Mississauga to do so?

No, you can sell it as-is. However; it helps to sell if it has passed a safety. Then the buyer isn't guessing what it may or may not need.

No, but it will certainly help sell it. Be aware though that it expires after 36 days.

I've taken two bikes to KMM over on Meyerside for safeties, haven't had any issues. Doug seems like a humble guy. The MTO sets the standard price of a safety at $85. The small amount of mechanical work I've had done at KMM I would consider inexpensive.

Last edited:
Working on selling my bike to upgrade. Is a safety required to sell privately?

Give RoseyToes a call, they did mine for my bike when i sold it, it's $80, more if he comes out to your place.

Wolf

A safety is only required to register the sale with the MTO. They won't change the owner of the vehicle without one.
Needless to say when you sell the bike you always remove the licence plate.
As the seller, you may return the plate to the MTO. If the police run the plate it will come back as "Returned to MTO".
You may also disclose to the MTO that the vehicle has been sold which will result in a plate status of "unattached".
Any sales tax owing is the responsibility of the buyer when they change the ownership after the safety.

I agree with the others, an ad stating that the bike has already passed the safety is a positive selling point.

A safety is only required to register the sale with the MTO. They won't change the owner of the vehicle without one.
Needless to say when you sell the bike you always remove the licence plate.
As the seller, you may return the plate to the MTO. If the police run the plate it will come back as "Returned to MTO".
You may also disclose to the MTO that the vehicle has been sold which will result in a plate status of "unattached".
Any sales tax owing is the responsibility of the buyer when they change the ownership after the safety.

I agree with the others, an ad stating that the bike has already passed the safety is a positive selling point.
They will change the owner of the vehicle, it just won't be registered as "fit".

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom