Where to buy oil and which one to choose from? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy oil and which one to choose from?

uxbridge is the closet tcs
cc: @Riceburner I go to the one in Bradford

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I prefer to use dino oil and change more often than synth and run longer. Not sure which way is more economical, but fresher oil more often works for me.

TCS sells Rotella T triple quarts for $2.99?

edit***
Had to look and it's on sale too:
http://www.tscstores.com/5L-15W-40-CJ-4-ROTELLA-T-P14197.aspx#.V6TTh7grKHs

Where's the closest one to RHill???

nice deal, the link to the ad says $19.99 for 5L jug lmao... i get $4 L. thats litres not 946mL quarts (for inreb). bon!

attachment.php

I'm currently using this brand. AMSoil 10W-40 synthetic. You can buy it from Daytona Motorsports or look around online.

Attachments

• MCF.jpg
    MCF.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 98
I still need to find a cheap source for oil filters for my Suzuki. Suzuki dealers charge $15 for the oem filter. The nearby Royal Distributing wants $19 for the KN138. Canada's Motorcycle sells the Hifiltro HF138 for $9 but shipping fees double that. And I tried Canadian Tire using a filter cross-reference webpage I found, and CT didn't have any of the filters on the list, not even a Fram that fit my bike. Anyone else have a Suzuki (I think all newer Suzuki's use the same oil filter) where do you get your filters?

I still need to find a cheap source for oil filters for my Suzuki. Suzuki dealers charge $15 for the oem filter. The nearby Royal Distributing wants $19 for the KN138. Canada's Motorcycle sells the Hifiltro HF138 for $9 but shipping fees double that. And I tried Canadian Tire using a filter cross-reference webpage I found, and CT didn't have any of the filters on the list, not even a Fram that fit my bike. Anyone else have a Suzuki (I think all newer Suzuki's use the same oil filter) where do you get your filters?

Stick with oem. You're looking to save just a few dollars, literally. Buy 3-4 and keep stock for the season to make your maintenance easier and hassle free.

I use the longer than OEM one for a Mazda.

This filter cross ref?
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html
Guessing you need a group 2 filter?
These Oil Filters have 20 x 1mm threads, 11 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve.
This is a proprietary Suzuki thread, and no high performance filters are made for 20mmx1mm threads.

hmmm...wonder if an adapter could be made for the threads????

Last edited:
These Oil Filters have 20 x 1mm threads, 11 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve.
This is a proprietary Suzuki thread, and no high performance filters are made for 20mmx1mm threads.

Well it's not actually proprietary to Suzuki, it is very uncommon; and you're correct, none of the usual high performance brands are available. My Aprilia uses the same filter..... the last time I bought OEM from two wheel I believe it was under $10, but that was a while back.

Royal D has an aftermarket OF that fits Suzuki. It is under $10. I have cut open it & it looks pretty decent. I cut open all my filters
I use the longer than OEM one for a Mazda.

This filter cross ref?
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

hmmm...wonder if an adapter could be made for the threads????
There's an adapter, but you have to remove the oem screw. Not worth it for me. Just to save a few bucks

Do you know the exact name of it?
It's a filtro brand. Part #A09-20310 $11.99. a k&n in black $16.99, k&n in chrome $18.99.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Do you know the exact name of it?
Kimtech
I believe they make parts for snowmobiles. Cut them open more than once. Solid filter. I have been using them since 2006

Yeah but does it come in a real chrome bottle? Or just that tacky chromed plastic?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom