Father killed 14 year old son at gun range | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Father killed 14 year old son at gun range

I'm ambidextrous but mostly shoot left (left eye is stronger).
I'm the same, took me a while to actually figure out which hand was better, the left is only a slightly better feel, but I'm definitely left eyed.

I'm willing to bet more children have died due to parental neglect while driving so punish them all the same.

Not into guns but safety is teaching how to do things right and what to do if things go wrong. The later part has to be drummed in so it is an immediate reaction as there is no time to think about it.

I'm ambidextrous but mostly shoot left (left eye is stronger).

I was just joking....But on a serious note I too am left eye dominant....however shoot right but can use my compound bow with either hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine how he is feeling right now, killing his own kid even if it's just an accident. If that happens to me, i would definitely bear it in my heart for the rest of my life.

this is also one of the reasons why i do not have a gun at home

I can't imagine how he is feeling right now, killing his own kid even if it's just an accident. If that happens to me, i would definitely bear it in my heart for the rest of my life.

He still continues forth, guns and all.
I guess some ppl just never learn.

Good decision. If you can't trust yourself with the simple task of proper firearm storage its best you don't buy one ;) makes things harder for the rest of us.

sometimes, sometimes not.

Thats one of the reason your don't lock them up and tell them never to go near your awesome guns. You teach them how to be respectful and safe around guns you take the mystery out of it. That not only keeps your kids safe in your house but when they go to a friends house who's parents might not be as responsible around they know that they need to stay away or ask an adult. Of course US ad Canada is still a different kettle of fish we generally speaking don't (legally) have loaded guns in our house as apposed to them.

Owning firearms is not a 0% risk but due to our required storage laws and safety culture with the hobby its a close to zero risk. Im far more concerned about my future kids getting into my ground level liquor cabinate, i don't even know if im going to lock that up yet. Dish washers, washing machines, furniture in nurseries and poisoning are all far more likley to cause injury but take precautions watch your kids teach them as they grow as these quickly fade away as causes for concern. But things still happen.

Last edited:
^ another irresponsible adult

Because i got into things as a child? I was smart, often too smart for my own good. I'm not worried about kids getting into my stuff because I don't have kids, but I do realize that kids are often smarter than given credit for and if you make something foolproof nature makes a better fool.

Because i got into things as a child? I was smart, often too smart for my own good. I'm not worried about kids getting into my stuff because I don't have kids, but I do realize that kids are often smarter than given credit for and if you make something foolproof nature makes a better fool.
You got into a safe?

Thats one of the reason your don't lock them up and tell them never to go near your awesome guns. You teach them how to be respectful and safe around guns you take the mystery out of it. That not only keeps your kids safe in your house but when they go to a friends house who's parents might not be as responsible around they know that they need to stay away or ask an adult. Of course US ad Canada is still a different kettle of fish we generally speaking don't (legally) have loaded guns in our house as apposed to them.

Owning firearms is not a 0% risk but due to our required storage laws and safety culture with the hobby its a close to zero risk. Im far more concerned about my future kids getting into my ground level liquor cabinate, i don't even know if im going to lock that up yet. Dish washers, washing machines, furniture in nurseries and poisoning are all far more likley to cause injury but take precautions watch your kids teach them as they grow as these quickly fade away as causes for concern. But things still happen.

exactly, you can not bring risk down to zero.

I can lock up a ladder, would be just as effective as locking up a firearm
Sure, if you lock your ladder in a safe.

All I hear is excuses from an irresponsible adult. Please dont buy guns.

I can lock up a ladder, would be just as effective as locking up a firearm

Well no cause the issues with ladders and Firearms arnt the same i'm sure very few ladder accidents are caused by unauthorized access to ladders thats why safe storage laws are aimed at preventing. What would be effective in reducing ladder injuries would be requiring a mandatory ladder safety course before you are allowed to purchase or use them, to show you have at least a basic understanding of how to reduce the chance of injury of course thats probably not very cost effective.

Last edited:
Sure, if you lock your ladder in a safe.

All I hear is excuses from an irresponsible adult. Please dont buy guns.

The only irresponsible adult is the one thinking a kid cannot open a safe (figure out the combination or just watch when you open it). It may be much more responsible than leaving them in a drawer but it is still non-zero and kids will be kids.

Back
Top Bottom