Father killed 14 year old son at gun range | GTAMotorcycle.com

Father killed 14 year old son at gun range

-D-

Banned
Some say he should be charged with negligence because they teach you to never have your finger on the trigger, never point gun up or behind you, point gun ahead and be aware whats around the target before you pull the trigger.

The irony.
The father was shooting with his children to teach them gun safety and 'how to protect a family' when he accidentally shot and killed Stephen Brumby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dead-brother-14-world-s-safest-gun-range.html

Even if the casing was burning you, wouldn't you put down the gun, pointing downrange, to use both hands to get it out??

Even if the casing was burning you, wouldn't you put down the gun, pointing downrange, to use both hands to get it out??

I am thinking you would lean forward and down on your knees to drop the gun while getting the hot casing to fall out of your shirt.
Or flip the safety on, anything but move erratic or point the gun at others.

It's reflexes and people react differently, but damn you know you are holding a loaded gun with your kids around you, take it like a man and scream like a beep if you have to.

Father said it was not the guns fault it was his, but actually wasn't it the other guns fault by ejecting a hot casing onto him...just saying

Yes, he broke the first two rules -
1. Don't point your firearm at anything you do not want to destroy.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you want to shoot.

And his son paid the price.

Not an accident. Negligent operation of a firearm.

Just like motorcycling, shooting us a dangerous sport. If that's not your thing better stick to golf where you won't be easily injured.

There are more accidents on a motorcycle than a gun range. Shooters take safety more seriously than motorcylists.

You do a dangerous sport be aware of the risks

Yes, he broke the first two rules -
1. Don't point your firearm at anything you do not want to destroy.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you want to shoot.

And his son paid the price.

Not an accident. Negligent operation of a firearm.

Someone made a few points:
1. why are you taking your kids to teach them to shoot with a bunch of other new ppl, why not take them to a different place, meaning that was a mistake in the making

the 2nd point they were making was, why can't we take kids to a bar to teach them the dangers of alcohol and the proper use of it but we allow them access to lethal weapons

Their main point is essentially what you stated, this was negligence on his part and he should be charged.

ive had a +P casing pop up and get stuck between the arm of my glasses and my head.
sucks but you drop the mag, take the last round out of the chamber then deal with the hot casing.

ive seen them pop down the front of girls shirts, some react well others dont.

So long as everybody recognizes that people, not guns or the colour of guns are the problem, I'm happy.

I feel really bad for everybody involved, I can't imagine a worse event than killing your own child.

I'm a lefty shooter, so I have more than the usual amount of hot brass hitting me in the face, chest, neck etc. You have to respect what's in your and and not overreact like that.

And William Brumby said that he doesn't intend to change his use of guns - he will continue to keep them in his home.

Even after he killed his own kid, he still does not understand that guns in HIS hands are a bigger risk to his family.

No accidents when it comes to guns. Only negligence.

I'm a lefty shooter,

I thought left-handed shooters were myths or urban legends like the Sasquatch, Loch Ness monster, left-handed golfers, etc.

You mean to tell me they actually exist?????

giphy.gif

Explain why they are trying to ban black rifles?

Just get it in camo...then no one can see it (just remember exactly where you left it or you're screwed).

As a gun owner I can only say that this man has paid a very high price for his carelessness. It is easy to dump all over a guy and burn him at the stake, but in the end we have to all admit that we are human and we make mistakes. It is easy to inadvertently point a gun if you aren't careful. Gun safety is something you have to constantly keep pushing on yourself as a habit, because like motorcycles, guns are not very forgiving.

Throw this guy in jail? No. It wouldn't do a bit of good. I would ban him from ever owning another firearm.

Maybe this guy has a low pain threshold or he just doesn't react properly to burns. I was at the range 2 wks ago & the shells were landing on my arms. I flinched & whined but never moved my muzzle from down range. Then again, I'm a cook & been burnt numerous times

As a gun owner I can only say that this man has paid a very high price for his carelessness. It is easy to dump all over a guy and burn him at the stake, but in the end we have to all admit that we are human and we make mistakes. It is easy to inadvertently point a gun if you aren't careful. Gun safety is something you have to constantly keep pushing on yourself as a habit, because like motorcycles, guns are not very forgiving.

Throw this guy in jail? No. It wouldn't do a bit of good. I would ban him from ever owning another firearm.

Yeah right, lol.

Sorry, as mmmm said, he is negligent, accidents don't happen with guns.

You know your kids are around you...take the burn, get your finger off the trigger, drop the gun, flip the safety...
I know what I am holding and who is around me, you take the burn...you stand there, make the faces and whimper if you have to.

I thought left-handed shooters were myths or urban legends like the Sasquatch, Loch Ness monster, left-handed golfers, etc.

You mean to tell me they actually exist?????

giphy.gif

I'm ambidextrous but mostly shoot left (left eye is stronger).

Back
Top Bottom