A quiet loop through the north Toronto warehouse district | GTAMotorcycle.com

A quiet loop through the north Toronto warehouse district

DejaVu

Here is a loop that I like in north Toronto. I follow the service roads parallel to Highway 400 from Steeles to Wilson, going south along the east flank of the highway, then returning via the west side

It is about 9 miles long and doesn't have a lot of stops or traffic lights. It is a mix of wide 2-lane and 4-lane road. On weekends and evenings, there isn't much traffic. There are a couple of 90° bends, a couple of straightaways and a few long flat sweeping bends. Except for a stretch of townhouses on Torbarrie between Wilson and Sheppard, it only runs through quiet commercial districts. I like it for a nice quiet law-abiding ride after work to clear my head. I saw a couple of police cruisers along the way last night, and there is a memorial wreath hung from they highway 400 fence along Torbarrie.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/6903451

1. Sheppard & Arrow Road
  2. Finch & Signet (you might opt to take Fenmar to Norelco instead of using Arrow Rd the whole way to Steeles)
  3. Steeles & Signet
  4. Steeles & Norfinch
  5. Finch & Oakdale
  6. Oakdale & Torbarrie (if you reach Sheppard, you have missed Torbarrie, might as well turn right and go back to step #1)
  7. Torbarrie & Jethro -> Jethro & Wilson
  8. Wilson & Clayson
  9. Clayson & Bartor (the intersection is hard to spot before you reach it)
  10. Bartor & Arrow Road (there is an underpass that crosses Sheppard)

Back
Top Bottom