Summer Trip Planning - Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Summer Trip Planning - Ontario

GBender

Planning to travel around hwy 124 and hwy 522 in August. I have looked at the Old Nipissing Rd. site but just need to know if there is another route places of interest motels restaurants etc from anybody has been there recently? I want to end up near Commanda then take an alternate route back to south. Any info would be a bonus.

@shanekingsley should be along momentarily. He's our resident route planner, if he hasn't heard of a road, it probably doesn't exist. Lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Lolz

Do a search on GTAM for Nippissing Rd and Commanda and you should get a few matches. The nippissing trail south of Commanda is apparently not passable by motorbike, but it is passable as you get closer to Magnetawan. South of magnetawan it's quite nice. There is also the Ahmic trail, Orange Valley Rd and Broadbent road for nice gravel. Look at the Bunny trail, Hurdville road and McDougall Rd as other great roads in the area. The 520 is nice as well. Check out screaming heads in Midlothian and the east side of the 518 and chetwynd Rd. If you like forest roads, then near Kearney you can also access the Deadhorse trail which is just on the west side of Algonquin.

That's all I got. I usually just zoom in on a map of the area and go exploring.

I did nippising rd from 518 to magnetawan on a sport bike and would not recommend it unless you're on a dual sport, it was loose gravel. Once you approach magnetawan it becomes paved.

Back
Top Bottom