Wednesday July 6th McCowan and 401 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wednesday July 6th McCowan and 401

That was my big brother that was in that accident. We are trying to figure out what happened because he is not a careless rider at all. We are trying to get some closure and answers. I know how it is when riding you only get a glimpse of what happens. Did it appear as though he was speeding and lost control? Did it look as though he was cut off and then hit the median? Any answers you have would be great. Thanks.

Sorry for your loss and I hope you find your answers.

Stay safe everyone.

RIP rider.

Condolences brother.

From the news report, yes, it does sound like a strange incident. One thought/theory I had was if the front tire blew (rapidly deflated) - it might cause such a drastic change of direction.

RIP rider.

Condolences brother.

From the news report, yes, it does sound like a strange incident. One thought/theory I had was if the front tire blew (rapidly deflated) - it might cause such a drastic change of direction.
Thank your condolences. Both tires were still intact.

Condolences to you and your family cbrvelly

If he was truly not the type to push in the corners maybe a throttle issue? it's hard to say... Whether or not another vehicle could have cut him off in a way that pushed him to the outside so soon after the ramp.. I would think not, but nothing is beyond possibility. With any luck some witness' will come forward and provide the closer you seek.

condolences to you and your family. I hope you find out what really happened

Condolences to you and your family cbrvelly

If he was truly not the type to push in the corners maybe a throttle issue?

When I first heard what happened that's what I thought as well...stuck or increasing throttle causing the bike to go straight vs turn. If the throttle stuck open or didn't snap back properly something like that could potentially happen.

Also bike looked like a GSX-R in one of the pictures...was this one of the ones that also had a brake recall a while back? I have a friend who hit a car 2-3 years ago because her front brakes completely failed (dealer sold her the bike without doing the recall first).

That was my big brother that was in that accident. We are trying to figure out what happened because he is not a careless rider at all. We are trying to get some closure and answers. I know how it is when riding you only get a glimpse of what happens. Did it appear as though he was speeding and lost control? Did it look as though he was cut off and then hit the median? Any answers you have would be great. Thanks.

Condolences to you and your family.

I was very touched by this accident as I drive/ride by McCowan every single day... Did you talk to the police? I'm sure statements were provided by Cadillac and Jeep driver's. However, who knows what they said and if it's exactly as it happened...

Back
Top Bottom