Wednesday July 6th McCowan and 401 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wednesday July 6th McCowan and 401

Runner2k

7:15pm. A possible collision with TTC bus and/or black Cadillac and/or Jeep.

RIP rider. Bike seems like a gsxr.

Last edited:
Careful out there folks

http://www.cp24.com/news/crash-in-scarborough-leaves-motorcyclist-dead-1.2976214

Paul Johnston, CP24.com
Published Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:22PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:05PM EDT

A motorcyclist has died following a collision involving another vehicle in Scarborough Wednesday evening, Toronto paramedics have confirmed.
It happened on McCowan Road just north of Highway 401 shortly before 6:30 p.m.
The circumstances surrounding the crash were not immediately clear.

A motorcyclist is seen covered by a tarp following a fatal crash involving another vehicle in Scarborough on Wednesday, July 6, 2016.

The male rider, believed to be in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other vehicle remained on scene, police said McCowan Road is currently closed in both directions between Highway 401 and Corporate Drive as police continue to investigate.

RIP rider

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

rip rider...

you'd think they'd at least put a body bag over him rather than a bright orange tarp for everyone to gawk at.

RIP. Hopefully charges are placed if any other vehicles/drivers were found at fault.

rip rider...

you'd think they'd at least put a body bag over him rather than a bright orange tarp for everyone to gawk at.

They did put a proper tarp about 2 minutes after I took the picture.

Really sad to see this. I drive by McCowan everyday.

RIP. Way too many lately. Need to be careful out there both from others and from ourselves.

RIP. Hopefully charges are placed if any other vehicles/drivers were found at fault.

Sad News. RIP Rider.

http://www.cp24.com/news/crash-in-scarborough-leaves-motorcyclist-dead-1.2976214

Last Updated Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:15PM EDT
A motorcyclist has died following a collision involving another vehicle in Scarborough Wednesday evening, Toronto paramedics have confirmed.
It happened on McCowan Road just north of Highway 401 shortly before 6:30 p.m.
According to police, the motorcyclist was entering onto McCowan Road from Highway 401 when, for unknown reasons, he crossed all the northbound lanes, struck the median, and travelled into the southbound lanes where he was struck.

The driver of the other vehicle remained on scene, police said.The male rider, believed to be in his 40s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

McCowan Road is currently closed in both directions between Highway 401 and Corporate Drive as police continue to investigate.
The closure is expected to last for several hours, police said.

RIP rider. Pretty daunting picture to see the body. Please everyone, let's be careful out there.

Sounds like rider error. RIP, hope the roads wherever you are, are empty of cagers and clear of debris.

Rip rider, everyone stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this posted as a comment to a thread on Facebook about the accident:
That was my big brother that was in that accident. I know how riding by you only get a glimpse, but we are trying to really piece together what happened as he is a safe and responsible rider. Did he look as though he was speeding and lost control? Or was he cut off by a car and hit the median? Just trying to get some closure.

That was my big brother that was in that accident. We are trying to figure out what happened because he is not a careless rider at all. We are trying to get some closure and answers. I know how it is when riding you only get a glimpse of what happens. Did it appear as though he was speeding and lost control? Did it look as though he was cut off and then hit the median? Any answers you have would be great. Thanks.

Sorry for your lost

Back
Top Bottom