Gloves - need your recommendation | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gloves - need your recommendation

I have to chime in....

I was at a BMW rally back 7 years ago and passed by a table containing Held brand gloves. The sales guy was being the sales guy, of course stating there was nothing better on the market...yada yada yada.

Ride safe out there my friends.

Turns out the salesman being a salesman may have been right. ..... I have a pair of Held gloves, they are pretty comfy.

I did just buy a pair of Ruka, Belgian made, from Motociccletta in Burlington, I'm very happy with the fit and finish. I work really hard to not fall off a bike ever, never tested any of them (knock wood)

Anyone come across gloves that are vented at the palms but still offer protection? Maybe perforated?

I use a pair of vented Spidi gloves for real hot weather. They have the best airflow of any glove I've had.
No venting on the palm though. Wouldn't make sense palm is on the grip no air flow. Spidi are nice gloves haven't tested them on a crash. But they have quality leather and stitching.

I did just buy a pair of Ruka, Belgian made, from Motociccletta in Burlington, I'm very happy with the fit and finish.

Don't believe he sells Rukka. You mean Richa. I am happy with the Richa jacket and warm gloves I bought for spring/fall.

Don't believe he sells Rukka. You mean Richa. I am happy with the Richa jacket and warm gloves I bought for spring/fall.

yes you are correct, my Belgian is fluent as my Newfanese.

hey doctor T , nice watch

I am searching for a pair of gloves as well. I have a pair of Handroids currently that have been lightly crashed a couple of times and held up well to the crashes. The problem I have with them is that the stitching on two fingers have come apart, unrelated to the crashes. It was just bad stitching. These are track only gloves and worn less then 10 track days. Mine are the earlier model Handroids not the current ones that seem to be improved. It is not confidence inspiring though. I am currently having them repaired. I would like to buy another set though and no one stocks the newer Handroids in Canada. I have looked at the Five gloves and am considering those as well as Dainese full metals(likely too expensive), and Alpinestars GP pros. I have not considered buying Helds because my street gloves are Held Steves and they have lasted well, although the fit is not great, a couple fingers are short and the thumbs are too long not sure who they made these gloves for lol.

I don't mind spending good money on gloves but I hate when you do and you feel like you wasted it. I think the biggest problem is that quality control on most of the mass produced gloves is perhaps not as good as it should be.

I am searching for a pair of gloves as well. I have a pair of Handroids currently that have been lightly crashed a couple of times and held up well to the crashes. The problem I have with them is that the stitching on two fingers have come apart, unrelated to the crashes. It was just bad stitching. These are track only gloves and worn less then 10 track days. Mine are the earlier model Handroids not the current ones that seem to be improved. It is not confidence inspiring though. I am currently having them repaired. I would like to buy another set though and no one stocks the newer Handroids in Canada. I have looked at the Five gloves and am considering those as well as Dainese full metals(likely too expensive), and Alpinestars GP pros. I have not considered buying Helds because my street gloves are Held Steves and they have lasted well, although the fit is not great, a couple fingers are short and the thumbs are too long not sure who they made these gloves for lol.

I don't mind spending good money on gloves but I hate when you do and you feel like you wasted it. I think the biggest problem is that quality control on most of the mass produced gloves is perhaps not as good as it should be.

The stitching in my a* gp pro's came apart after a year or a little more.

If the glove fits, wear it ;)

hey doctor T , nice watch

Thanks ??

These look sweet. Is there a local dealer?

Yeah, I got them at Town Moto. Wish I could find them cheaper locally . I suggest getting one size smaller than normal as they will stretch a little then fit perfectly. ? They are washable too which is pretty cool.

Edit: also try to break them in a bit before riding because they are not pre-curved.

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/gloves/products/lee-parks-deertours-deerskin-glove

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No wonder they only show the right hand, they're a unisex glove.

No wonder they only show the right hand, they're a unisex glove.
If you're talking about the Deerskins, it looks southpaw to me. They won't work on a track though, as they're not gauntlet, and I'm not sure how well Deerskin holds up either. Watch, and all the buttons on the handlebar are clues.

If you're talking about the Deerskins, it looks southpaw to me. They won't work on a track though, as they're not gauntlet, and I'm not sure how well Deerskin holds up either. Watch, and all the buttons on the handlebar are clues.

??? Right hand in hand model pics. Don't care about racing. Nice and slow.

Deerskin is very abrasion resistant and has a high tensile strength. The natural habitat deer live in has evolved a durable hide. Its also one of the only leathers that is sort of water friendly.

its pretty good, but in a standing broad jump my money would be on the kangaroo.

Deerskin is very abrasion resistant and has a high tensile strength. The natural habitat deer live in has evolved a durable hide. Its also one of the only leathers that is sort of water friendly.

its pretty good, but in a standing broad jump my money would be on the kangaroo.

I can attest to this. I hit a deer on Cootes Dr. and while the man made products on my bike were either bent or torn to shreds the deer skin did not break. I'm pretty sure the internals were broken, as the beast took an unnatural twist, but nothing poked out from the inside. Not even a lacerated rectum.

Back
Top Bottom