Gloves - need your recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gloves - need your recommendation

Livewir3

Looking to replace my existing pair - Rev It H20 Summit

My budget is $250. Need a glove that will do good for both street and track.

Are the Handroid gloves any good?

RS Taichi?

Thanks again.

Looking to replace my existing pair - Rev It H20 Summit

My budget is $250. Need a glove that will do good for both street and track.

Are the Handroid gloves any good?

RS Taichi?

Thanks again.

Lots of people rave about the handroids. I had a pair that I didn't get along with, they just didn't fit me right. Take a look at the "Five" glove lineup. I'm currently wearing a pair and haven't got any pressure points from the armour like I did with the Knox and they breathe amazingly well while offering top notch protection. I could actually feel the cool air on my hands last weekend.

Yes I've seen the Fives for sale. Not sure of the brand though. Maybe I have not done my research :)

There are some pricey ones in the Five lineup though.

Thanks will check them out.

I have all three of the gloves brand (RS T, Five, Handroid). My personal preference is RS Taichi, I used the Five for track purpose and it was ok, but there was some fit issue and there are guys who went down with them and didn't seem too thrilled on the way they held up. The handroid is a solid glove but once again, just a preference thing. Your best bet is to go out and try them all on and pick any of the top brands. For your budget you should get a ton of options.

I have a pair of Held EVO Thrux I've been wearing a few years and couldn't be happier. The workmanship and construction of the gloves is second to none and they still look brand new. Haven't gone down in them but would assume they would provide excellent protection in the case of an off.

[video=youtube;u9VZwClR_9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VZwClR_9I[/video]

Last edited:
Dainese Druid D1 Long

I have the older model (Druids ST) which is great, but the new model comes with the amazing DCP thingie along the pinky. You can literally yank your pinky backwards and you won't feel a thing.

Love my FIVE gloves. Would definitely recommend them

Lots of people rave about the handroids. I had a pair that I didn't get along with, they just didn't fit me right. Take a look at the "Five" glove lineup. I'm currently wearing a pair and haven't got any pressure points from the armour like I did with the Knox and they breathe amazingly well while offering top notch protection. I could actually feel the cool air on my hands last weekend.

Had a crash turn10 ctmp "five" gloves, knuckle on right hand glove got good rash from still holding the handlebar, but that was all. Glad there is straw before the tire wall, helped to slow down the impact.

Currently wearing Alpinestars SP-2' gauntlets for track and the air smx carbon shorties on ths street.

Fit is good on both. Just dissatisfied with the finger tips on the smx. They are very soft and disintegrate after about a year.

Handroid or something from Held's lineup gets my vote (and potentially my dollars in future...but jacket and new helmet first).

I had a pair of Fives, they felt and fit fantastic. Went through one crash not bad but it was in the rain, not very fast and my hands weren't on the ground much because I was holding the bars for a while. I then quickly wore through the palm on the right hand.

They only lasted close to a season of racing along with some track days. Wasn't the life expectancy I had for such expensive gloves.

Been wearing Bickles newer model ever since. They feel like welding gloves but I trust them and they came out of my last crash in fantastic shape, they were even on the ground this last time because me and my bike had different destinations!!

I've also got a pair of shorty Fives for the street/around town... I don't really trust them at all for a crash though.

Fives: Feel great, fit amazing, look good, don't last long

I had a pair of Rev'it gloves for racing before the Fives, they came through a couple crashes and a LOT of use great.

Last edited:
Great feedback. Thank you all.

I am going to check out the Helds and Dianese Druid D1. It's a pity GPBIKES does not keep RS Taichi.

I currently wear Handroid Pods..

2012425162057_handroid_pod_top.jpg

I love the palm sliders. They seem to work for people.

9E80400F-9632-4D00-93C0-0F46BAD4FDFE_zpskobrsj6t.jpg

Have a pair of Knox Biomech's. They're solid feeling, fit well. Low sided at the track, the palm-heel slider held up well, but the finger tips wore through incredibly quickly. No rash on my fingers, but I was disappointed at the sturdiness of the leather in a key location.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll vote for the Velocity gloves, bought a second pair last year but haven't managed to wear down the first set. The shorty version is excellent for street use IMO

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure kid has the handroids ...the one with the dial to tighten up ??? ....he loves them.....distinctly not waterproof :D

Yeah that's it.

Knox-Handroid-Motorcycle-Racing-Gloves-Black-Black-1.jpg

He had a little QC issue but nothing major.

Chased around Vancouver last year to snag them but he got a very good deal.

I don't race, but I suggest you try on different brands and sizes for fit. Handroid XXL fit me better than the VR XL. VR fit great in the fingers, but seem about a half inch short in the palm length.

Back
Top Bottom