Cyclist killed while 'splitting' | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cyclist killed while 'splitting'

no roads are designed for splitting, have you seen the roads in Europe or Asia?? everyone splits / filters there, and bad drivers are every where not only in Toronto, saying that we shouldn't legalize filtering or splitting because the drivers are not ready for it is like telling a virgin not to have sex because he / she will probably be bad at it the first time

So you are suggesting "well fook it, let's do a free-for-all instead of improving driver / rider education programs to address some of the issues that are apparent". Yea, sounds like an awesome idea. And I've seen plenty of roads in Europe and Asia. Difference is that while bad drivers exist everywhere, the driver education courses are a lot more thorough over there. For Asia... well, I've seen plenty of videos of car crashes and motorcyclists getting splattered... it's like their version of "America's Funniest Home Videos"... tons of weekly submissions.

Apparently he was not splitting after all (they corrected that statement late morning or early afternoon). I don't quite get it though since the image that accompanies the news story shows no bike lane, just two regular lanes. Only thing I can think is that he came flying down along the side of parked cars in the right most lane...which most of us have probably done also...but common sense says to slow the f down and pay attention.

If your statement is true in saying they changed their statement again saying the bicyclist wasn't splitting at all, then they've effectively changed their statement 3 times in less than 12 hours in putting the fault on someone.

Back
Top Bottom