Tire Change? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Change?

Why is it better to replace in pairs? I was under the impression that the rear wears faster than the front?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Personally the only time I'd replace in pairs is if you are trying a different make an model. If you are buying the same tires again, I'd only replace the front as needed. That said, from what I've read, it is fairly common for people to burn through 2 rears for every front.

Personally the only time I'd replace in pairs is if you are trying a different make an model. If you are buying the same tires again, I'd only replace the front as needed. That said, from what I've read, it is fairly common for people to burn through 2 rears for every front.
That is also what I was basing my thoughts on. But seeing as I am mismatched now, I will replace them both.

Some sets of modern rubber have center compounds that try to even out the wear rates... it's not gonna be exact, but close enough for me to change both without losing any sleep
I will keep that in mind with my next set. Is that all brands, or certain ones?

I will keep that in mind with my next set. Is that all brands, or certain ones?

Certain ones... and IIRC you're riding something that has wheel sizes that has a narrower selection of tires. They may not be an option for you

Certain ones... and IIRC you're riding something that has wheel sizes that has a narrower selection of tires. They may not be an option for you
Ok
Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom