Hate Crime? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hate Crime?

Facts usually don't back the agenda; best to just avoid them entirely

Looks like it was prematurely treated as a 'hate crime' and it turns out it may not have been.

If it's not a hate crime, it's just an assault, which isn't as big a deal. That's why the law treats hate crimes more severely. And that would explain why it fell off the radar of the media and social media.

BTW the intrepid reporter said "police and politicians and media officials have said that a hate crime took place" but contradicts himself later by saying the police aren't investigating it as a hate crime. I also can't find any media outlet that referred to it as a hate crime. He said Ralph Goodale tweeted out that was a hate crime but showed a tweet where he simply called it an attack.

The question to me is why The Rebel, trustworthy source of impartial and finely nuanced information that it is, so hellbent on portraying everyone as prematurely calling it a hate crime when they didn't, and why are they so upset that no one seems to care any more?

http://www.900chml.com/2016/06/22/75228/
"Hate is everywhere…
What has it come to when one stoops to this level of behaviour?
Embarrassment and disgust come to mind.
What really makes you shake your head is in the image, the attacking woman is wearing a red “Canada” t-shirt.
Is this what we have become?"

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/2...r-womans-hijab-pulled-in-grocery-store-attack
"For the second time in a month, London police are investigating an attack with especially ugly overtones, an assault one Muslim community representative calls a hate crime."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2781841/m...lowing-attack-at-grocery-store-in-london-ont/
"The London assault is one of two high-profile incidents this week that have drawn outrage from the Muslim community. In the other, a pig’s head was left outside a Quebec City mosque Monday.
“We are saddened and disappointed that these sorts of incidents are occurring at all,” Amira Elghawaby, a spokesperson for the National Council of Canadian Muslims, told Global News. “Obviously we would recognize that this is not representative at all of Londoners, or Quebecers, or Canadians overall.”
Elghawaby said her organization tracks hate crimes and hate incidents in Canada, and has seen a rise in reports of people being harassed and victimized based on their religious identity.
London police Const. Sandasha Bough said investigators are still gathering evidence to determine whether the attack “has elements of a hate or bias-motivated offence.”

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/07/04/c...orms-of-islamophobia-lauched-in-london-canada
"The National Council of Canadian Muslims, an Islamic advocacy organization, drafted the charter in response to an increase in the number of hate crimes and incidents targeting Muslims.
Two of the incidents occurred in London. Last month, a Western University student from Iran was punched by two men who called him an Arab and told him to go back to his country.
A few weeks later, a woman wearing a hijab and tending to her four-month-old had her hijab pulled off in a London grocery store while she was repeatedly punched."

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/27/remember-theres-two-sides-to-a-story
"“We don’t have any evidence to show religion or race was the motivation,” said Bough. “It is being treated as an assault but not as a hate crime.”
Not everyone agrees.
“Unfortunately, this is the second time in less than a month that a Londoner has been the victim of such hate,” Eaman Fahmy, of the Muslim Association of Canada, told the London Free Press’s Hala Ghonaim.
Ghonaim reported in May a “Western University student from Iran was punched by two men” who allegedly called him “an Arab and told him to go back to his own country.”
In an exclusive interview, Ghonaim quoted the victim, 25, of the latest attack as saying: “I do worry about the safety of all Muslim women who wear hijab.”
"

None of them referred to it as a hate crime. In fact they didn't even say 'alleged' or 'possible' hate crime, though that was obviously the reason they were reporting on it. They just quote others who refer to it as motivated by hate.

So I'm still not seeing where "media officials have said that a hate crime took place".

Looks like it was prematurely treated as a 'hate crime' and it turns out it may not have been.

If it's not a hate crime, it's just an assault, which isn't as big a deal. That's why the law treats hate crimes more severely. And that would explain why it fell off the radar of the media and social media.

BTW the intrepid reporter said "police and politicians and media officials have said that a hate crime took place" but contradicts himself later by saying the police aren't investigating it as a hate crime. I also can't find any media outlet that referred to it as a hate crime. He said Ralph Goodale tweeted out that was a hate crime but showed a tweet where he simply called it an attack.

The question to me is why The Rebel, trustworthy source of impartial and finely nuanced information that it is, so hellbent on portraying everyone as prematurely calling it a hate crime when they didn't, and why are they so upset that no one seems to care any more?

The day it happened it was all over the place; and quite clearly suggested to be a racially motivated indecent. I remember bookmarking the link. It's not overt, but you can see how it took hold... As for tweets etc (or anything on the net) it's all quite easily scrubbed, I'd caution against the suggestion that not being able to come up with evidence via google is proof it never happened.

They (the media) know what they're doing. Much like this forum, people tend to see what they want/are lead to see, and the media at the very least, is guilty of leading the reader to a conclusion in this situation.... and not going back to correct once the truth started to surface.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/muslim-woman-attack-london-1.3645580

This is the fourth reported event against visible minorities in the city in the past eight months

Muslim groups are condemning the alleged attack. Saleha Khan of the National Council of Canadian Muslims says the string of racially-charged events over the last few months creates a lack of trust among Muslim residents.

"I'm tired, I'm exhausted. I am hurt and I'm disappointed," Khan said. "Part of me doesn't want to give up hope, because if I give up hope, I'll probably curl up and never want to come out in public. You just sort of buckle down and say, OK, I've got more work to do now."

Just cause it was perpetrated by a white person on a minority does not make it a hate crime. Until the circumstances are revealed, I'd hold back on labelling it.

Just cause it was perpetrated by a white person on a minority does not make it a hate crime. Until the circumstances are revealed, I'd hold back on labelling it.
Video says that the suspect is in fact not white.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Well there ya go....assailant is possibly Iranian. I misread, thought the victim needed the Farsi translator, but it was Sheils.

Though she's a pale skin....
hqdefault.jpg

Wonder what the reason for the assault was?

Last edited:
The show is over so mainstream media has walked away. There were a few tweets from MP's and MPP's showing outrage over the incident ( with nothing to go on but mainstream media for info)

Unbiased factbased and researched journalism is dead, its sensationalism and public relations

(disclosure, my son is a newspaper journalist)

The show is over so mainstream media has walked away. There were a few tweets from MP's and MPP's showing outrage over the incident ( with nothing to go on but mainstream media for info)

Unbiased factbased and researched journalism is dead, its sensationalism and public relations

(disclosure, my son is a newspaper journalist)

This

If the assault was solely as a result of religion / colour / nationality etc it's a hate crime. If the assault was because the victim did something like take the last box of rice crispies then it's common assault.

What was the motive?

With rampant hate crime I sure am glad guns are restricted in Canada. We should be proactive and ban assault rifles(black guns).

Bro, you never know. There might be a bald eagle stuck in a tree that needs rescuing :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eagle-dangling-upside-rope-75-foot-tree.html

I scanned the article but the eagle was there for 2 days???
uhm, I guess calling animal rescue or hell even the police for help was too far gone a though.
Did all those loud noises damage the eagles hearing and ability to fly?

If he shot that eagle and killed it, he would have faced charges.

ok onto the cats stuck in a tree, this guy set precedent

That's innacurrate as most arab/light skinned north African people are still classified under the "Caucasian" umbrella.
I did not know that. I mean it makes sense, but when I think of "white" that's not what I think of. Hell, I usually don't consider myself white.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom