STOLEN - 2014 BMW HP4 (from downtown during the day) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

STOLEN - 2014 BMW HP4 (from downtown during the day)

I'm surprised no one has done this before. The general attitude is "thats whats insurance is for" , but for sure , in some buildings there has been a pattern over the years. I know 2 people at Yonge/Sheppard who had their bikes taken in condos where other bikes have been nicked.

Also, we would need a police force and insurance industry that cares...

1. Would you sue all of your neighbours and then continue to live next to them? That's effectively what suing the condo board would amount to.
2. The condo board would implement rules about no motorcycles allowed, the majority would be in favour, and you wouldn't have grounds to sue because you were in breach of the rules of the condo building.

1. Would you sue all of your neighbours and then continue to live next to them? That's effectively what suing the condo board would amount to.
2. The condo board would implement rules about no motorcycles allowed, the majority would be in favour, and you wouldn't have grounds to sue because you were in breach of the rules of the condo building.

No, I wouldn't, unless it was definitely due to their negligence. I dont live in a condo, never will. So I dont know much about them.. but who is responsible for the security and other aspects of the building? The building corporation or the condo board?? I was just bringing up a point. Theres a lot of lax security and procedures in place in a lot of buildings. A "not my problem" attitude in a lot of these places.

When I was living in a condo, and I was on the board, we were informed that board members individually or as a group cannot be sued, so long as what ever we decide as a board is in the best interest of the condo, so suing the condo board for a stolen bike will probably not get to far, if anywhere at all. I am going to guess that most boards are setup this way.

I look at it this way, and I feel sorry for the OP's loss, but chit gets stolen all the time, be it from a store, a home, a garage, an underground parking lot, and so on.....if you have it insured who really cares, it's a bit of property that is gone, make a claim and get another replacement for that what has been stolen, after all is that not why you have insurance.....?

You want to sue, move and live in the US, here in Canada it don't happen so much and when it does it's usually a joke....

case in point - someone took someone to small claims court to sue for 10 thousand dollars, judge ruled yup you gotta pay it back, can you do it all at once, nope, how much can you pay, I can pay 100 dollars per month until I have paid it off, judge accepted this, so 10 years to get your 10 grand back, buddy dropped the lawsuit, before the judge made it so, and was paid outside of the courtroom 2 grand.......yah go ahead and sue.....

not saying all end up like this, but suing for a stolen bike......not much will happen.....I'd almost say, nothing will happen......

Last edited:
When I was living in a condo, and I was on the board, we were informed that board members individually or as a group cannot be sued, so long as what ever we decide as a board is in the best interest of the condo, so suing the condo board for a stolen bike will probably not get to far, if anywhere at all. I am going to guess that most boards are setup this way.

I look at it this way, and I feel sorry for the OP's loss, but chit gets stolen all the time, be it from a store, a home, a garage, an underground parking lot, and so on.....if you have it insured who really cares, it's a bit of property that is gone, make a claim and get another replacement for that what has been stolen, after all is that not why you have insurance.....?

You want to sue, move and line in the US, here in Canada it don't happen so much and when it does it's usually a joke....

case in point - someone took someone to small claims court to sue for 10 thousand dollars, judge ruled yup you gotta pay it back, can you do it all at once, nope, how much can you pay, I can pay 100 dollars per month until I have paid it off, judge accepted this, so 10 years to get your 10 grand back, buddy dropped the lawsuit, before the judge made it so, and was paid outside of the courtroom 2 grand.......yah go ahead and sue.....

not saying all end up like this, but suing for a stolen bike......not much will happen.....I'd almost say, nothing will happen......
So why pay $180 / month (for a bike) or $260 / month (for cars) to a parking enforcer that has cameras and guards if there are absolutely no measures in place to help prevent or deter robbery when its happening right under their noses.

When i took 5 seconds to get my wallet out to ENTER the underground parking while on the bike, an agent was on the intercom RIGHT AWAY to ask if i needed any help. But with all the time they took to get the bike in the minivan... nothing was done? Puh-lease
At least call the authorities, there are always cops in the area...but they didnt even know about it until it was gone....thats some ****** camera watching

(hahaa just noticed your name is gatekeeper making this even funnier)

guys in suits dont steal bikes...they are too busy stealing peoples life savings

Bingo! They want an HP4 they'll have your grandmother buy it for them.
you would be surprised...
i have first hand knowledge of a suit and tie type who stole cash plus powersport and multiple other items and hid them all over Ontario.
charged were laid but it never went into the news. one of the biggest thefts i have ever heard of in Canada.

So why pay $180 / month (for a bike) or $260 / month (for cars) to a parking enforcer that has cameras and guards if there are absolutely no measures in place to help prevent or deter robbery when its happening right under their noses.

When i took 5 seconds to get my wallet out to ENTER the underground parking while on the bike, an agent was on the intercom RIGHT AWAY to ask if i needed any help. But with all the time they took to get the bike in the minivan... nothing was done? Puh-lease
At least call the authorities, there are always cops in the area...but they didnt even know about it until it was gone....thats some ****** camera watching

(hahaa just noticed your name is gatekeeper making this even funnier)

you are paying for the spot, not for them to watch out and secure your property, not really there job, more for them to protect the building, but not your stuff

calling the cops, ya right, bike and thief are gone way before the cops would even get there even if they were called.....

and they don't have their eyes glued to the camera 24/7 they do foot patrols, or they are talking to someone at the desk, or on a pee break, and so on, that's why they have it recorded and can go back to the footage if need be, well that is if the recordings are being made and kept

again it just comes back to insurance, and if you have it, use it, that's why you pay them monthly as well, at least with them if you have theft coverage you will get something......

you are paying for the spot, not for them to watch out and secure your property, not really there job, more for them to protect the building, but not your stuff

calling the cops, ya right, bike and thief are gone way before the cops would even get there even if they were called.....

and they don't have their eyes glued to the camera 24/7 they do foot patrols, or they are talking to someone at the desk, or on a pee break, and so on, that's why they have it recorded and can go back to the footage if need be, well that is if the recordings are being made and kept

again it just comes back to insurance, and if you have it, use it, that's why you pay them monthly as well, at least with them if you have theft coverage you will get something......

Then they shouldnt advertise it:
PARKSAFE™

]Precise ParkLink promotes a culture of safety on all fronts, both internally (through our Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) where we manage and improve organization wide safety programs) and externally to our customers, partners and their respective parkers through the introduction of our ParkSafe™ program.
]
Precise ParkLink's ParkSafe™ program employs elements that will mitigate risk, keep your property as safe as possible and ensure that your parking facility enables safe parking.

And while i agree that insurance is "there for that purpose", the people up in brampton fakking up the insurance system with their fraudulent claims probably believe the same thing. I'm just saying, we should be more about prevention than remediation. In the end, it is just property, and it's just money, but the more claims you get for theft on a bike, the more the rates go up, so sometimes, yes more could be done to fight theft. Just sitting there and saying "thieve will be thieves" won't get much to change.

EDIT) scratch the parksafe part...seems like its something completely irrelevant to that after reading more about it

Last edited:
Precise Parklink manages the underground parking lot?

Ahahahahaha

This actually just gave me a pretty crazy idea.

If I could get enough data on how people steal vehicles (bikes is a lot more obvious, cars not so much), it would not be too hard to write a program to automatically flag instances of theft.

Security cameras are now mostly digital. Every frame (image) is a stream of bytes. You could, technically, scan for patterns in the images that are associated with theft and sound an alarm or something.

Better yet, for instances where the program misses it, the user could select the time frame where the theft occurs and the program could learn based on the patterns.

The one biggest flaw in this is that you would need a ridiculously strong computer to be running this kind of analysis 24/7...and who in the right mind would pay me to do this kind of thing? (This is easily a $500,000 project at least).

EDIT: Oh look, it exists but is apparently relatively new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_content_analysis.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2430009 said:
This actually just gave me a pretty crazy idea.

If I could get enough data on how people steal vehicles (bikes is a lot more obvious, cars not so much), it would not be too hard to write a program to automatically flag instances of theft.

Security cameras are now mostly digital. Every frame (image) is a stream of bytes. You could, technically, scan for patterns in the images that are associated with theft and sound an alarm or something.

Better yet, for instances where the program misses it, the user could select the time frame where the theft occurs and the program could learn based on the patterns.

The one biggest flaw in this is that you would need a ridiculously strong computer to be running this kind of analysis 24/7...and who in the right mind would pay me to do this kind of thing? (This is easily a $500,000 project at least).

EDIT: Oh look, it exists but is apparently relatively new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_content_analysis.

VCA is a non-trivial computing problem. Actually applying it in the way you describe would not be hard... if it existed in a form that could do any of those things. A very prominent application of it as it exists (and recent "failure" of) is the Tesla Autopilot system.

You *can* filter data down to sets small enough that humans can feasibly review them. For example, limiting video to movement of vehicles that belong to non employees in that building (should be easy to determine, as parking permits/passes for these things record license plate numbers)

VCA is a non-trivial computing problem. Actually applying it in the way you describe would not be hard... if it existed in a form that could do any of those things. A very prominent application of it as it exists (and recent "failure" of) is the Tesla Autopilot system.

You *can* filter data down to sets small enough that humans can feasibly review them. For example, limiting video to movement of vehicles that belong to non employees in that building (should be easy to determine, as parking permits/passes for these things record license plate numbers)

Yeah, I did more research on it. $500,000 estimate is way under budget. This kind of **** would probably be closer to $5,000,000 because the tech isn't mature.

油井緋色;2430034 said:
Yeah, I did more research on it. $500,000 estimate is way under budget. This kind of **** would probably be closer to $5,000,000 because the tech isn't mature.
#SharkTankThatShit

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Great discussion. I agree, suing the condo board or security company might be difficult.

Well, going forward, I'm adding GPS tracking to all my stuff, including the bike, plus additional security measures. If we all had trackers, I think we can crack down on these ********.

Another idea would be an electric fence. Once I have some property and time on my hands, I think I'll purposely set this up around the bike to zap some of these fukers unconscious.

Back
Top Bottom