Sunday July 10 - Muskoka and Haliburton | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday July 10 - Muskoka and Haliburton

Hey all, a little late but this sounds like a great ride. I've done something similar once before. If you're up for another rider to join, let me know.

Is the Tim Hortons just off the 400?

Last edited:
Well the dirt bike has a broken gasket, doubt I will get it tomorrow so it seems I will be up for this ride after all - haven't done a GTAM group ride for like 3 years.

PM'ing you my email address for the GPX file. Thanks

I'm free this Sunday and heading out to ride the Muskoka and Haliburton area. No birthday parties to attend and the weather forecast looks to be awesome!

<SNIP>
Cheers!

Dang, I have plans, so cant commit to a full day. Please update later on the road conditions. Must try to make one of your rides. :)

Thinking of joining. Where are you guys meeting at 7am Sunday?
Hey Matt - we are good - looking forward to Sunday!

When you going to be in Haliburton? I have a gig in Gan until 2:30am or so but i could be in 'burton by ... maybe noon.
We actually won't be in the town of Haliburton til late, cuz that's near the end of the ride and all the good stuff occurs before (or west of) that. From there, we just kind of scoot back to Innisfil via a few nice roads. So maybe around 4-5pm in Haliburton?

Hey all, a little late but this sounds like a great ride. I've done something similar once before. If you're up for another rider to join, let me know.

Is the Tim Hortons just off the 400?
You are most welcome to join - and yeah, the Tim's is just east of the 400. There is also a gas station there.

Well the dirt bike has a broken gasket, doubt I will get it tomorrow so it seems I will be up for this ride after all - haven't done a GTAM group ride for like 3 years.

PM'ing you my email address for the GPX file. Thanks
Sorry about your dirt bike. It should be good times on Sunday!

Dang, I have plans, so cant commit to a full day. Please update later on the road conditions. Must try to make one of your rides. :)
One day!

Is this a sport bike only ride or mixed? I ride an Ultra Classic and I'm not scared of the throttle but don't want to spend the day chasing sport bikes and slowing you down.

I ride a V-Strom 650 and can't keep up with the quicker riders on sport bikes, but I do like to ride at a good pace. I like to stay close to the speed limit in smaller towns, hang out around +20 on the long straights and have some fun in the corners without losing my license. I think you will be fine. We always wait at the end of every road for everyone to catch up.

I'm Shane's pace as well. Fun in the corners, respectful in towns; don't need to draw attention.

Southwood: ****, as usual. The really sandy left hander that I went down on with the road that leads to the quarry was actually pretty clean this time though. But this random wet sandy patch coming out of a corner was a *****. Not to mention all the regular sand, gravel, bumps and potholes.
Tally Ho Swords Rd: Good
507: Great
118: Great
35: Great
Kawagama Lake Rd: decent to begin with but random huge patches of gravel. Like the "**** me"!! type. The whole road goes from pavement to straight gravel in two sections.
Kushog Lake Rd: This road is like a ride on those kiddie coasters. Its just up down up down, corner, up down fun...lots of elevation changes, got to be careful because of all the reduced visibility though.

There were a few other half decent as well as crappy ones...the other guys might be able to chime in on. It was a great ride overall, had some unforeseen random mechanical stuff happen, but nothing major and all was fixed. Good twisties and sweepers, good pace, good riders...had a fun time.

Last edited:
Southwood: ****, as usual. The really sandy left hander that I went down on with the road that leads to the quarry was actually pretty clean this time though.

Last time I went there last season I still saw parts of your fender there.

Awesome day out guys - it was a pleasure riding with you all.

I think I need a back rub now.
At least you'll be getting that backrub from the wife, and not from me riding ***** all the way back from Haliburton!

It was a good ride. I'm feeling it today though. Left the house at 6:30 am, got back at 10:30 pm.

At least the bike got home.

Pulled like a freight train with plug #2 firmly seated in the head.

Gents, a pleasure meeting you all. It was an epic ride and day--the most smiles/ km ever. Shane, thanks for planning out a great route and to everyone for accommodating different experience levels in the twisties. It sure started off with a bang heading on Southwood first thing, which was little sketch but a whole lot of awesome haha!

If you'd like a copy of the pics from yesterday, feel free to send me a PM with your email addy.

Wow what a ride that was, I can' t imagine how I'd feel today if we had continued riding the remaining twisties...
Glad you made it back to Georgetown problem free Matt, you're still faster than most of us even on 3 cylinders lol
Once again, thanks for organizing the ride Shane and thanks to the group for waiting after my buddy ran out of gas before the morning meeting spot... Doh! lol
Great meeting you all, hope we can do it again soon.
Might have to pack a pair of swimming trunks for an impromptu dip in the lake next time heh

Cheers

Glad you made it back to Georgetown problem free Matt, you're still faster than most of us even on 3 cylinders lol
Great meeting you all, hope we can do it again soon.
Might have to pack a pair of swimming trunks for an impromptu dip in the lake next time heh

Cheers

Thanks!

Mid ride swim for sure.

Back
Top Bottom