Sunday July 10 - Muskoka and Haliburton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday July 10 - Muskoka and Haliburton

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
NOTE: Please remember this is a longer ride than most of the ones on GTAM. So to keep time a little better, please make sure that you are ready to leave Innisfil by 8am with a full tank of gas - there is a Shell gas station there. Gas stops should be every 200km or so. Also please make sure you bring a lunch/snacks/water because we won't be doing the restaurant sit-down thing. If it was a shorter ride, no problem, but from a timing standpoint, it wouldn't work for this kind of a ride. I have a top case and can easily store some things for people if need be.
---------------------------------------

I'm free this Sunday and heading out to ride the Muskoka and Haliburton area. No birthday parties to attend and the weather forecast looks to be awesome!

Pace: This would be a long, but amazing day of very twisty roads and beautiful scenery - not suitable for newer riders. Pace will be fun in the corners and responsible everywhere else. I'm guessing about 1000km round trip from Mississauga for the day.

Lunch: Bring lunch/snacks and eat by nice lakes or rivers to save time on longer restaurant stops.

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/UU73pGZANbU2 I don't know if I will do this whole route - it all depends on time, but I did want to check out Livingstone Lake Rd and Kawagama Lake Rd, because I have not been on them in many years and can't remember what they are like. I vaguely remember them being awesome, but they may also be sandy and/or rough. I'm riding on pure street tires - Pilot Road 4's, so there isn't any intentional gravel on this route.

Meeting Spot: https://goo.gl/maps/6Aj2EEVw76w Innisfil Tim's @8am - hope that's not too early, but the days are long!

PM or post up if you're interested.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm free this Sunday and heading out to ride the Muskoka and Haliburton area. No birthday parties to attend and the weather forecast looks to be awesome!

Pace: This would be a long, but amazing day of very twisty roads and beautiful scenery - not suitable for newer riders. Pace will be fun in the corners and responsible everywhere else. I'm guessing about 1000km round trip from Mississauga for the day.

Lunch: Bring lunch/snacks and eat by nice lakes or rivers to save time on longer restaurant stops.

Route: I don't know if I will do this whole route - it all depends on time, but I did want to check out Livingstone Lake Rd and Kawagama Lake Rd, because I have not been on them in many years and can't remember what they are like. I vaguely remember them being awesome, but they may also be sandy and/or rough. I'm riding on pure street tires - Pilot Road 4's, so there isn't any intentional gravel on this route.

Meeting Spot: Innisfil Tim's @8am - hope that's not too early, but the days are long!

PM or post up if you're interested.
Cheers!

Too early :(
Might be nice to stop in to eat with ac so ppl can cool down too.

Too early :(
Might be nice to stop in to eat with ac so ppl can cool down too.
Yeah it might be a bit early, but then you get to ride more nice roads while it's cooler out:)... and shady stops for breaks only.
I might cut out a few of the early roads to make sure the nice ones in Halliburton get checked out.

Hi Shane,
I am interested in joining... let me see if I can get away for most of the day on sunday. I'll get back to you

If i don't go dirt riding on Sat I will come. Will confirm Sat for you to have a count

Last edited:
what time from sauga??

you're one crazy son of a ***** btw.

I'm pretty much in, I'll know for sure by Friday.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Tempted to ditch the girly. It's her birthday this weekend... Things might not end well

Around 6:45-7am - takes about an hour to get to Innisfil.
Nice day and good roads - it'll be good times!

Ok, we'll meet up somewhere by 403/Dundas. just name a place...I'll be there by 7.

Tempted to ditch the girly. It's her birthday this weekend... Things might not end well

its ok...we'll have you home for dinner. Come out, its been a while.

Last edited:
Do something nice for her on Friday and Saturday and do something nice for yourself on Sunday.

I'm pretty much in, I'll know for sure by Friday.
Awesome - looking forward to it.

Ok, we'll meet up somewhere by 403/Dundas. just name a place...I'll be there by 7.
PM'd you my address - it's right by the 403.

She's working on Saturday. Only off on Sunday. Ride safe guys

She's working on Saturday. Only off on Sunday. Ride safe guys
Thanks bud - sorry to miss you, but there's lots of summer left!

Anyone else coming that wants a GPX file of the route, PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.
See you Sunday!

When you going to be in Haliburton? I have a gig in Gan until 2:30am or so but i could be in 'burton by ... maybe noon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom