Parking at pay and display lot? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking at pay and display lot?

stevenleung0000

If I am planning to park my bike at a pay and display lot, do I just purchase a ticket and put it somewhere secure, and hope it won't get blown away or someone might stole it? How can I prove myself if one of the unfortunates mentioned above happens?
Thanks in advance!

Some people have suggested writing your plate number on the stub but I don't know if the enforcers would even check. The system was designed for dashboards of cars.

Short of mounting a see through, locked device you're at the mercy of winds and the honest people of Toronto.

As starboy suggests take a picture of the stub.

If this was to be a regular event I would suggest a clear case like they use in retail for small expensive items and handcuff it to the bike.

Last edited:
Keep receipt if you get one and pay with a credit card, that way you can get proof from the bank. If you got a tank bag and can tuck it visible on top but not too obvious.

Although I've not used it yet, there is a Green P app for phones, which lets you pay by credit card. I'd assume this is a way to park in any lot without a ticket, so wouldn't that work for a bike like it would a car?

EDIT: Looks like only some lots, but still might help the OP if the lot is on the list.

http://mobilepay.greenp.com/

Don't they come in two parts? Kept the smaller portion on your person and write "MOTORCYCLE" and your plate number on the other, then affix it to your bike.

Keep a pen and notepad under your seat anyways!

The Green P have their own people who patrol their lots, not Parking Enforcement.
The policy at Green P is to give you a courtesy envelope to pay if no receipt is visible.
They don't write tickets unless you have received a number of the envelopes for not paying in the past.

I was messing around in the shop this AM and cobbled up this. It would be secured to the handlebars with a cable padlock or as suits the situation.

It's a rough prototype that I have no interest in pursuing unless someone has a ton of R&D money.

I was messing around in the shop this AM and cobbled up this. It would be secured to the handlebars with a cable padlock or as suits the situation.

It's a rough prototype that I have no interest in pursuing unless someone has a ton of R&D money.
looks cool ;)

In the past, I used to keep an old spring loaded clothespin in my bike and would use it to attach the receipt to the bike.
The upside is that it wouldn't blow away.
The downside was that it still didn't keep others from helping themselves to my receipt.

Some Green P lots have monthly permits that can be purchased.
You'll have to check on their website to see if the lot you use is one of them.

I park in Green P lots all the time and never pay. I just make sure I don't occupy a parking spot. There's always a little unused space available, usually covered with yellow painted stripes to keep some car driver from mistaking it for an actual spot. I've never gotten a ticket or a "courtesy" envelope.

I park in Green P lots all the time and never pay. I just make sure I don't occupy a parking spot. There's always a little unused space available, usually covered with yellow painted stripes to keep some car driver from mistaking it for an actual spot. I've never gotten a ticket or a "courtesy" envelope.

I tried that once and received a courtesy envelope. The lot I used was at Yonge and Park Home, so it is closely monitored by their enforcement people. I stuffed my receipt in the envelope and put it in the box at the lot. From then on I figured if they want me to pay I'm taking an entire parking space.

I tried that once and received a courtesy envelope. The lot I used was at Yonge and Park Home, so it is closely monitored by their enforcement people. I stuffed my receipt in the envelope and put it in the box at the lot. From then on I figured if they want me to pay I'm taking an entire parking space.

The federal building up that way prints your plate number on the receipt. You can't give away unused time and no one can use it if they steal it. They check and the fine is stiff. $90.00 IIRC.

If it's going to be a regular thing, you could get something like this:
339_Model_42.JPG

@nfq Where can we find something like this? I was facing a similar situation yesterday and had the same question going in my mind. Would be helpful to me as well :)

Google parking payment holder or motorcycle permit holder cable lock.

I'd just keep receipt / take a pic.

@nfq Where can we find something like this? I was facing a similar situation yesterday and had the same question going in my mind. Would be helpful to me as well :)

You're welcome to my crude prototype free. PM me if interested. Bloor / 427 Supply your own lock.

Back
Top Bottom