who is your isp? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who is your isp?

Every time I try to use their WiFi to access Tapatalk it endlessly loops.

After connecting go to your browser and try to open a new website, that will prompt the login/authorization page that is a prerequisite before you're actually online and able to use other apps. Same at Timmies and many other public wifi places.

On Rogers 250 unlimited for about $90/month. I hate Rogers as much as the next guy, but my internet is always fast and is never down. As long as I don't have to call them for a billing mistake, I'm happy.

How did you get the 250 tier for only $90/month? That's usually the price for the 100 tier if I'm not mistaken?

After connecting go to your browser and try to open a new website, that will prompt the login/authorization page that is a prerequisite before you're actually online and able to use other apps. Same at Timmies and many other public wifi places.

How did you get the 250 tier for only $90/month? That's usually the price for the 100 tier if I'm not mistaken?
Do that and sometimes it still happens.
Weird.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Just checked, 250 is $98, 100 is $88.

Just checked, 250 is $98, 100 is $88.

Hmmm. I signed up not long after these plans came out and I Think I'm now paying basically the 250 rate for the 100 service - they must have changed the pricing - guess I will be giving Rogers a call. ;)

If Rogers offered the same price as a competitor, I will still go with the competitor out of principles alone. People shouldn't have to fight for a good rate

Whoever is the cheapest between Rogers and Bell.

I've had really bad experiences with the small guys. They've all had instances of throttling my connection or unstable connections; you will really notice this if you game. Having a 1% packet drop rate means you shoot someone but get shot instead.

Customer service wise, Bell and Rogers are both actually not bad but I tend to be the one debugging/trouble shooting and telling them exactly what's wrong/what I need. I tried this w/ smaller companies but they often just dodge questions.

Btw, always shop around every few years. If you find a better price, call Rogers/Bell and negotiate, they will often beat it and if not...just switch.

油井緋色;2429389 said:
Whoever is the cheapest between Rogers and Bell. I've had really bad experiences with the small guys. They've all had instances of throttling my connection or unstable connections; you will really notice this if you game. Having a 1% packet drop rate means you shoot someone but get shot instead. Customer service wise, Bell and Rogers are both actually not bad but I tend to be the one debugging/trouble shooting and telling them exactly what's wrong/what I need. I tried this w/ smaller companies but they often just dodge questions. Btw, always shop around every few years. If you find a better price, call Rogers/Bell and negotiate, they will often beat it and if not...just switch.
I've had the opposite experience. I've had two bad lines, Rogers has ignored the issue in Toronto to this day, Teksavvy had a Rogers parked in my snowbank the next day. Reran a temporary line, and came back and did a permanent in the summer. But Rogers has put the squeeze on the little guys, and their distinct perks like zap the cap. Although, when we first switched to Teksavvy, they didn't have enough support. Once they did it was great, and I like using the leave your number and we'll call you when it's your turn feature.

Teksavvy's cheapest plan for me. At $33 with tax I can stream 720P. Good enough for me.

The connection is less reliable than when I was with Rogers, but I dunno if I would have had the same interruptions if I had stayed with Rogers. Bottom line, it's not such an issue that I'm prompted to change.

I have to update this post because reliability has really taken a nose dive with teksavvy in the past few weeks. Right now I'm sending through my Fido data plan because the teksavvy network is down soli since I got home 15 minutes ago.

A week ago they sent me a mailer offering a swap from cable to DSL without any occasion the admin costs. No other real benefit. I guess they're struggling with Rogers capacity at least in my area? I dunno. The offer expired August 1st so I'll either get an even sweeter offer from them shortly, or demand they extend the off to DSL, or switch to another provider.

Any non-Rogers non-Bell suggestions out there?

Teksavvy runs on Rogers network. Everyone just resells Rogers and Bell network....no?
That's what I figured but the reliability has been worse than when I was on Rogers, so it's either coincidence or that I don't understand the application of technology here.

I'm on Rogers. I just looked up the price for TekSavvy and had them price match it ...

I was thinking of getting rogers 100u plan. Seems like the best deal out there. Do you know if they throttle or not?

Thanks for posting any info!

Used to be with Acanac, then Teksavvy and now back to Rogers on the 250u plan. Bell FTTH is being installed in my neighbourhood so it's just a matter of time before I join the gigabit club =)

uhm why are you guys paying Rogers that much.

I pay $100 tax included ( I think it's $95) and I get
1. cable tv - 1 above basic pkg, could be basic...I get lots of channels and in hidef
2. PVR - Hidef, free
3. internet - 1 down from unlimited plan, it was $10 cheaper and I don't go over 250gb thus far
4. fastest modem - AC wifi - free

I just signed up with Rogers. They were offering 100u plan for $70 no contract as long as you have students in the house. I told him I was getting 50mb plan from bell for $60. They gave me the 100u plan unlimited for $60.

Last edited:
That's what I figured but the reliability has been worse than when I was on Rogers, so it's either coincidence or that I don't understand the application of technology here.

We've had the opposite luck - 6 months of Teksavvy, no interruptions. Then 2 years of Rogers, and it was going down 1-2 times every 2 months. We just switched back to Teksavvy and I ain't never goin back, cuz we cancelled cable so bundling gets us nothing. $60 with Teksaavy gets us 30 down, 5 up and 400GB

Back
Top Bottom