who is your isp? | GTAMotorcycle.com

who is your isp?

LiNK666

Moving soon. Thinking of changing isp. Who I your isp? How much do you pay? What is your plan? Do you recommend them?

I was with Teksavvy for years simply because I like to support the little guys, but when I needed a faster service a while ago I ended up going back to Rogers for their 100 meg service. Unfortunately Teksavvy would have cost me more to get setup on that speed, and more every month, and I just couldn't swallow that long term...but if they get more competitive I will go back in a heartbeat since I'm not on contract with Rogers.

The Rogers 100 service has been good, but that doesn't mean it'll be good where you are moving to - cable is very dependent on local load for resulting speeds, so fast in one neighborhood could be slow in another if the area is full of Netflix addicts for example all watching in 4K. DSL is less susceptible to this but the speeds don't match the best of cable right now last I checked.

sadly in Canada, we dont have much choice.
For me only 2 choices, and its like Hilary or Trump. Close your eyes and pick one still give the same result ..... ****

I've been with Start for the past three years. Cable in my old place, DSL now. I think I've only had one outage and it had to do with damage to the equipment on the street, so not their fault.

I was with Bell before and it was terrible. It cost about twice as much and had constant outages, almost every day. Could have just been the area, but still never again.

Teksavvy. The other big ones dont make sense 400g + unltd during the wee hours!? Hell yeah

Teksavvy. The other big ones dont make sense 400g + unltd during the wee hours!? Hell yeah

I have unlimited on the Rogers 100u plan...and it's truly unlimited, there has been months where I've put close to 2tb through it without as much as a phone call.

Teksavvy's cheapest plan for me. At $33 with tax I can stream 720P. Good enough for me.

The connection is less reliable than when I was with Rogers, but I dunno if I would have had the same interruptions if I had stayed with Rogers. Bottom line, it's not such an issue that I'm prompted to change.

I was with Teksavvy for years simply because I like to support the little guys, but when I needed a faster service a while ago I ended up going back to Rogers for their 100 meg service. Unfortunately Teksavvy would have cost me more to get setup on that speed, and more every month, and I just couldn't swallow that long term...but if they get more competitive I will go back in a heartbeat since I'm not on contract with Rogers.

The Rogers 100 service has been good, but that doesn't mean it'll be good where you are moving to - cable is very dependent on local load for resulting speeds, so fast in one neighborhood could be slow in another if the area is full of Netflix addicts for example all watching in 4K. DSL is less susceptible to this but the speeds don't match the best of cable right now last I checked.

Rogers appears to be $5 more than Teksavvy. $88 plus tax vs $83 plus tax.

Rogers made them get rid of Zap the Cap a while back.
They were going to lower their unlimited fees in response.

We're thinking of upping or changing our plan/provider, since Teksavvy's 400 Gb limit doesn't cut it for us during the summer.

Interesting, looks like Teksavvy dropped the price. It was in the range of $7/month MORE expensive when I switched to Rogers from them.

However, they still charge a $65 activation fee plus you have to buy the modem ($120 for the cheapest one) plus even pay to have it shipped to you. Rogers charged me none of the above and the modem rental is free - I liked the rental idea, if it breaks, they replace it for free, unlike the Teksavvy one with only a 12 month warranty before you're out in the cold.

Ultimately, I'm no fan of Rogers, but the modem purchase, shipping, and install fee was in the range of $250 after it was all said and done, even though I was already a current Teksavvy customer but just wanted to switch from a 25 meg DSL service to the 100 Meg cable service.

The fastest DSL available to me on either Bell or Teksavvy was only 50 meg...and with 4 heavy consumers (all potentially watching HD streams at the same time now) I needed something north of 60-80 meg service, the 25 that I'd had for years before we become heavy streamers was a total bottleneck and the 50 meg DSL cost nearly as much as the 100 meg Rogers at the time. In the end, swallowing my pride and switching to Rogers made the most sense.

Even at $5/month cheaper now..with a $250 entry fee for Teksavvy that's a lot of months to make up the difference, and I'm still stuck with a modem that may or may not kack long before that payback period, forcing me to buy another.

Rogers made them get rid of Zap the Cap a while back.
They were going to lower their unlimited fees in response.

We're thinking of upping or changing our plan/provider, since Teksavvy's 400 Gb limit doesn't cut it for us during the summer.
Yeah i had zap the cap for the longest time, it got discontinued in feb (and they charged me for an overcharge..until i called them and they reversed it no questions asked).
I went unltd from then till now but since tenant is going away we won't need it anymore.

@fastar, back in my apartment building with teksavvy, i kept losing connection, i called rogers, they told me "oh the new modem fixes that"
in my mind i was thinking "really!? and you want me to rent it too!? fak this"
so i went with teksavvy, got the most recent/advanced one they had, and haven't looked back since. moved to my house in the meantime, and haven't had connection problems since (except when it's network-wide problems)

I'm on Electronic Box. Look into it

Teksavvy here. Couldn't be happier with their service.

I'm not totally sure, but I think we are around $40/month for cable with 400gb and bandwidth allocation that is always fast enough for me to stream or download.

You know they are local when instead of saying goodbye to end the call, the guy said 'Rock On'. I pictured a mullet.

McDonald's and Tim's = free wifi
Or run a long cord.:D
Every time I try to use their WiFi to access Tapatalk it endlessly loops.

Rogers 100u here. Decent enough price.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

On Rogers 250 unlimited for about $90/month. I hate Rogers as much as the next guy, but my internet is always fast and is never down. As long as I don't have to call them for a billing mistake, I'm happy.

On Rogers 250 unlimited for about $90/month. I hate Rogers as much as the next guy, but my internet is always fast and is never down. As long as I don't have to call them for a billing mistake, I'm happy.
Not $98/month plus taxes?

Not $98/month plus taxes?

You're right, it's $98 plus tax. Had 50% off for a year which was phenomenal. Can't bring myself to change now.

Back
Top Bottom