R3 smokes a pole, got lucky... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

R3 smokes a pole, got lucky...

In Ft. St. John? First bit of snow hit the ground in late August last year... Anyway, public insurance, and not being held hostage by greedy arse corporations would be why. Have you personally tried insuring in June and cancelling in Sept? Paying monthly you'll get short rated, a wonderful practice on top of the weighted premiums you speak of, without fail; paying all at once you'll get a refund but since they weight most of the policy over may to sept you'll lose 60% min, then most likely get short rated on top. Short rating, or the threat at least, also applies to autos in all my personal experience. Keep defending the crooks if you like; or was this just you trying to keep our disagreement quota up for the week :p For reference, he's in and out of want for motorcycling and has never held more than an M1 in Ontario. He paid under $300 total for those three months on an R6, less than he ever paid per month in good ol Ontario. Another good friend in Alberta got her GSXR 600 insured for the entire year for $395; she was north of $200 a month here... You'll want to argue weather again I'm sure... well she was riding before me this year.. it's not like its the north pole. And as this video is evidence to reality that bad drivers are not merely a Toronto enigma, you can save yourself that argument as well.. Back pocket policy dictates what we pay in Ontario, to argue anything else is asinine.
Well then, all those greedy kids who want a supersport at inexpensive rates, should move there and teach us all a lesson!

Back pocket policy dictates what we pay in Ontario, to argue anything else is asinine.

Actually, if you look at the data, insurance company payouts for health care, theft, and very high fraud rates (which encompasses fake thefts, fake health care as well, so it's a big giant ball of suck in this province) have a lot to do with our rates here, that's no secret. But don't let facts get in the way of some good corporate hate rhetoric.

I'm not saying our rates aren't out of line here, but again, if you look at the data....those people out in BC aren't going to be seeing those cheap rates for long as ICBC is starting to feel the same pinches we are here in Ontario....surprise surprise? They lost a quarter billion dollars last year so if you think that's not going to result in suddenly and dramatic rate increases in the near future you've got another thing coming. They're starting to see the Ontario effect, in short.

It blamed the frequency and cost of injury claims, higher legal and medical costs and more lawyer-represented claims and the number of catastrophic claims, which lead to higher settlements.

The report added that ICBC’s battle against fraudulent claims has expanded to a cyber crime unit that monitors the Internet and social media. The ICBC special investigations unit opened 5,000 claims investigations in 2015.

The last part is telling....and speaks to the video at the heart of this thread if indeed (as was suggested) the guy is going to go file a claim, fake it, and have the insurance company pay for his stupidity. I doubt that big black dot was covering his licence plate just for the fun of it.

Last edited:
Clearly the rider in the video should have started out on a 600 or 1000 SS bike...the extra 100hp would have helped him miss the pole... </sarcasm>

Actually, if you look at the data, insurance company payouts for health care, theft, and very high fraud rates (which encompasses fake thefts, fake health care as well, so it's a big giant ball of suck in this province) have a lot to do with our rates here, that's no secret. But don't let facts get in the way of some good corporate hate rhetoric.

I'm not saying our rates aren't out of line here, but again, if you look at the data....those people out in BC aren't going to be seeing those cheap rates for long as ICBC is starting to feel the same pinches we are here in Ontario....surprise surprise? They lost a quarter billion dollars last year so if you think that's not going to result in suddenly and dramatic rate increases in the near future you've got another thing coming. They're starting to see the Ontario effect, in short.

The last part is telling....and speaks to the video at the heart of this thread if indeed (as was suggested) the guy is going to go file a claim, fake it, and have the insurance company pay for his stupidity. I doubt that big black dot was covering his licence plate just for the fun of it.

Big black dot was covering his plate so interweb vigilantes, like some on this forum, can't go mining their personal info for a self-indulgent doxx-fest.

As for your article, you want to talk about not letting facts get in the way, you conveniently (as usual it seems) snip anything that doesn't support your theory

In 2014, ICBC reported $87.1 million net income on basic coverage, meaning a negative swing of nearly $344 million in 2015. It did, however, show an optional coverage revenue increase in 2015 of more than $100 million to $387.3 million.

The company had a $666 million underwriting loss on $4.5 billion revenue and $5.21 billion expenses. Investment income of $920 million, more than double what it had budgeted, kept ICBC out of the red in fiscal 2015.

NDP critic Adrian Dix said ICBC’s balance sheet would look a lot better had the BC Liberal government not “scooped the financial heart out of ICBC” by transferring $1.2 billion since 2010 to the central government to help it balance the budget.

“Up to 2010, ICBC was largely run as a non-profit automobile insurance company,” Dix said, “and it has been transformed by reducing service and on a political level by becoming a source for the government to raid.

4 pretty important points right there, right in the heart of your source of contention; try reading it next time before you go all doom and gloom. Sure they may see a slight increase, but my friend as example again, was quoted well over $3k here for liability, and he'd have to bring other policies... He left the bike in BC haha; BC won't be getting anywhere near that bad without years more bad government policy letting the private insurance industry back into the liability game. That however, I'd never rule out... Not with much of the public on their knees happy to service them (that's you)

Last edited:
Clearly the rider in the video should have started out on a 600 or 1000 SS bike...the extra 100hp would have helped him miss the pole... </sarcasm>

Vid said he'd just sold his FZ07.. he gets on a 125 and he'll end up flying off a cliff!

Vid said he'd just sold his FZ07.. he gets on a 125 and he'll end up flying off a cliff!

That poor, poor Grom....

Is he riding a dirt bike or something?

from the looks of his reaction I'm going out on a limb and saying mommy and daddy bought that bike along with his Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom