Sunday July 3 - long ride north somewhere | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday July 3 - long ride north somewhere

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I might have a birthday party to go to, but if not, I'd like to think I'm going riding, because the weather will be awesome out. I'm leaving Mississauga nice and early to take advantage of the long daylight. Maybe Muskoka area or maybe Haliburton area, but probably both!

Pace: This would be a long, but amazing day of very twisty roads and beautiful scenery - not really suitable for newer riders. Pace will be fun in the corners and responsible everywhere else.

Route and Meeting Spot: I'll know by Saturday afternoon if I can head or not, and if so I'll post a route then. I'm open to meeting up at either Innisfil Tim's or Port Perry Tim's around 8:30ish. I'm guessing about 1000km round trip from Mississauga for the day.

Lunch: I'll bring a lunch and eat by a nice lake or river or something to save time on a long restaurant stop. I know a bunch of good spots to relax at.

PM or post up if you're interested.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm down shane, I had a blast on that last muskoka trip (and done it twice again since!). I can meet you at the Innisfil tims, keep us posted!

I'd be down for that! Innisfil Tim's works for me too.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Rode up to Bracebridge and then across over to Carnarvon, Haliburton and back down yesterday, about 500K. Hwy 118 between Bracebridge and Carnarvon is awesome, definitely worth riding if you're looking for a nice cross route over to the Minden/Haliburton area. Doubt you're going up Hwy12 given your further west but if so 169 had some road construction, grinding for new asphalt. Wasn't bad, northbound was good road conditions and the delays were minimal.

So it looks like the 1 year old's b-day wins this round - she better remember this day!

Sorry I can't head out, but this is pretty close to the route I was going to do - except mine was a bit longer. There's a good mix of tighter technical roads and fast sweepers in here. If you decide to ride this route, take it slow on Southwood Rd #13, Kushog Lake Rd and the Watts Trail loop which is at the end of Kennisis Lake Rd - all are usually a bit rough, but awesome rollercoasters. Also post up on the road condition of Chetwynd Rd right now - haven't been on it this season. Gas stops on this route can be found at Peninsula Rd and the 118, in Huntsville, in Haliburton and in Minden.
https://goo.gl/maps/f5g28geNWRR2
Have fun!

The google maps says 9 hours for that trip.. How much time do you actually complete it in?

Good thing I didn't miss anything because I had planned to head out to the range tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom