Sofuoglu Hits 400km/h in Record Attempt | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sofuoglu Hits 400km/h in Record Attempt

As mentioned before, Superglue had his chance in Moto2 and WSBK.

Some guys just can't make it in the big leagues.

Look at Tony Elias. Brilliant in 125s, 250s, Moto2 (World Champion!), but never managed to make something happen in MotoGP.

give Kenan the benefit of the doubt regarding the 2008 season on the Honda. Max NEUKIRCHNER did ok on the GSXR's of the time, but look at what he did in 2010 on the CBR. He achieved only ONE top 10 finish, Kenan got 4 in 2008. 2011 wasn't much better for max.
Kenan sofu, on his ability, deserves more - love him or hate him

edit: you use big leagues in a plural form - i would include moto2 as part of the big leagues - to say tony elias is anything but a successful racer is disrespectful to the rider. there are many other riders more deserving of the title "not making it in the big leagues".

Last edited:
he ran 2 races in his first moto2 season, leading for much of the race at estoril and finishing 5th.
in the second season he finished 17th overall with one podium.

Second season in Moto2 finished 17th...same year was Marquez first year in Moto2, and he ended up winning 6 races.

Keenan is a good rider, and someone mentioned that he's been the WSS champion three of the past five years. But when put up against some quality racers he doesn't fare as well. Sam Lowes did a good job beating him in WSS despite being on a bike that wasn't as good. Both Laverty and Crutchlow beat him soundly in WSS . Also WSS is nowhere near the same calibre as Moto2 or WSBK.

Religion doesn't play a part why he's not in the top tier. Plenty of other younger riders(like beaubier) are more deserving of a WSBK opportunity.

Second season in Moto2 finished 17th...same year was Marquez first year in Moto2, and he ended up winning 6 races.

Keenan is a good rider, and someone mentioned that he's been the WSS champion three of the past five years. But when put up against some quality racers he doesn't fare as well. Sam Lowes did a good job beating him in WSS despite being on a bike that wasn't as good. Both Laverty and Crutchlow beat him soundly in WSS . Also WSS is nowhere near the same calibre as Moto2 or WSBK.

Religion doesn't play a part why he's not in the top tier. Plenty of other younger riders(like beaubier) are more deserving of a WSBK opportunity.

+1

Though I'm not sold on Beaubier yet.

edit: you use big leagues in a plural form - i would include moto2 as part of the big leagues - to say tony elias is anything but a successful racer is disrespectful to the rider. there are many other riders more deserving of the title "not making it in the big leagues".

In my mind, "big leagues" is the pinnacle of the series. WSBK and MotoGP are the big leagues. WSS and Moto2 are feeder series.

He is the king of a feeder series comprised of up and coming talent and has beens. Sure he is talented but he is an arrogant prick and rides like one too.

He will have plenty of time to reflect on that when retired and not invited to historical race meetings to sign autographs. If he doesn't succumb to domestic violence Turkey style first. I've never seen him in a wife beater but mentally I sure do. How did he even got into motorbike racing? Aren't there minimum standards of decorum? He probably greased some palms, these guys never play by the rules.

Back
Top Bottom