First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please

Because any 03 is still a 14 year old bike.

I'd just try and go newer if I could.

Because any 03 is still a 14 year old bike.

I'd just try and go newer if I could.
I would also go as new as you could afford.

However, an 03 machine is very capable in the hands of an expert and a novice is not going to outride one IMO.

Not sure if this helps or not, but my experience. This is my first year doing track days. I bought a 2001 CBR600F4i former race bike with low mileage.

Turns out the bike is in great shape, but since it sat for a while it needed a lot of work done. Nothing major, just normal stuff: rebuild suspension front/rear, rebuild calipers, replace battery, replace tires, replace rear sprocket, new stands...should I continue :)

Point is, all of these things add up.

If you can get a bike that has been recently on the track and a lot of these things are "known", you may save a lot of money - even if the motor blows up :)

Suspension set up for the track + good brake pads + tire warmers + generator + track day tires - is probably the safest way to go for a new track rider - just my opinion.

I did use Pirelli version 2: SC1 front SC2 rear without tire warmers and had no issues. I just took it easy for the first lap...and after that it was easy also since I'm a beginner.

Last edited:
I agree, I want to go as new as I can afford, I also would prefer something that hasn't had a few years off to avoid the issues sscups had, replacing parts you wouldn't assume are bad. I don't mind replacing a few worn things, or refreshing the fluids, last thing I want to do is fix the whole thing up because I saved a few hundred dollars.

I have a 99 r6 track bike that is completely set up you can buy for 2200 pm me if interested

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
Bradsma....This would be a great starter for you.

I'll have to see what it's all about when I get a message. Perhaps post it in here for your scrutiny. I haven't completely lost hope in the SV as I have spoken with a few owners and done some research. I like the idea of something a little more mild to start. Old new it's all confusing. If I can get a bike at a price that makes me comfortable I think that's my main goal.

A few members here will know the bike it was omnivores before I got it. Pm sent and pics emailed

A few members here will know the bike it was omnivores before I got it. Pm sent and pics emailed

I also know that bike...raced against it many times

I did use Pirelli version 2: SC1 front SC2 rear without tire warmers and had no issues. I just took it easy for the first lap...and after that it was easy also since I'm a beginner.
Please not this again lol

+1 on a sv650 td bike -

save big on tires, not as intense as a 600, and later if your racing there'll always be a couple classes for the sv to run in.

EDIT: correction

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom