Thoughts on Suzuki GSX-S750/Yamaha FZ09/Kawasaki Z800 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on Suzuki GSX-S750/Yamaha FZ09/Kawasaki Z800

2000Tbs

Few days ago I came across Suzuki GSX-S750 and looks wise I like it. Also read that its detuned GSXR750 Motor so less HP compared to its racing brother.

Now I've seen many review videos on youtube saying that is not upto the mark or little slow compared to what is written on spec sheet.
although most of those agree on couple of things like its smooth as F*** and easy to handle.

I'm in market for Middleweight Naked bike like FZ09, Kawasaki Z800 .

So hella confused and debating on where should I finally go, I'm solid that I don't need liter bike nor do I need less than 750. Price wise my max budget would be at $11K.

what you guys think is good bang for its buck ?

I bet if you test ride the FZ09 at that price point you will buy it.

As an FZ-09 owner with 16 years of riding experience I'd say the FZ-09 stock suspension may not be the best, but the review pros really take too much of a dump on it. I'm 250lbs and just set up my suspension accordingly. My rear and front pre-loads are 9/10 maxed and I use the dampening settings posted from sport rider magazine. You live in Ontario, curves are few and far between and we have no canyons to carve.

If the stock suspension is still not up to you liking save up a bit and upgrade. Get stainless brake lines to keep the pressure up that you lose in the hot rubber lines.

That being said the brakes are not bad at all. They could always be better, but not bad in the least.

A brand new FZ is going to cost you under 10k for a wheelie monster.

That being said this very well be my last season with the bike as I'm looking to get onto a KTM Superduke 1290 r next year.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

As an FZ-09 owner with 16 years of riding experience I'd say the FZ-09 stock suspension may not be the best, but the review pros really take too much of a dump on it. I'm 250lbs and just set up my suspension accordingly. My rear and front pre-loads are 9/10 maxed and I use the dampening settings posted from sport rider magazine. You live in Ontario, curves are few and far between and we have no canyons to carve.

If the stock suspension is still not up to you liking save up a bit and upgrade. Get stainless brake lines to keep the pressure up that you lose in the hot rubber lines.

That being said the brakes are not bad at all. They could always be better, but not bad in the least.

A brand new FZ is going to cost you under 10k for a wheelie monster.

That being said this very well be my last season with the bike as I'm looking to get onto a KTM Superduke 1290 r next year.

Love the bike but the rear shock needs to be changed asap.

How much is the super duke running you at?

I'm not in the market for a naked bike but i like the new Z800- overalls better suspension compared with the fz09- a bit heavier and more stable, great inline4 with more then enough power.;)

Love the bike but the rear shock needs to be changed asap.

How much is the super duke running you at?
Cheapest base price I've seen so far is $18,300 but I haven't gone so far as to negotiate a price yet. I doubt it'll come down much further then that.

Ready Mississauga has a 2014 on the floor for 19,800 before taxes.

I am trying to put 10k away for it, sell my FZ and my old CB750F (basically clean out the garage) and finance out a few grand on it.

Last edited:
Nice, I heard that the 2015's are offered at a discount in the states but I don't know in Canada.
You are probably better off using the fz09 as a trade and try to negotiate a package with all together.

Good luck.
Cheapest base price I've seen so far is $18,300 but I haven't gone so far as to negotiate a price yet. I doubt it'll come down much further then that.

Ready Mississauga has a 2014 on the floor for 19,800 before taxes.

I am trying to put 10k away for it, sell my FZ and my old CB750F (basically clean out the garage) and finance out a few grand on it.

Last edited:
Nice, I heard that the 2015's are offered at a discount in the states but I don't know in Canada.
You are probably better off using the fz09 as a trade and try to negotiate a package with all together.

Good luck.
Getting a deal in this country? Don't you know Canadians grow money in their yards? Why would we ever get a break?

Got me a nice used 2012 GSX R750 for $8000. I'm happy with it so far:)

Got me a nice used 2012 GSX R750 for $8000. I'm happy with it so far:)

What were you riding before.. my guilty pleasure is to own a newer gixxer 750 seems like a perfect bike, but I commute alot and not sure idea.

the Z800 and FZ09 are sport-tourers so if insurance is a factor, don't do the gsxr. the Z800 has ABS afaik, which is nice. also depending on how long your typical ride is, you may want to go to a dealer or bike show and throw a leg over each to see how comfy each bike is

convert a ss to s tour bike, get teh best of both?
I was reading some post of guys doing it to an R1 and GSXR.
Spiegler sells the entire bar retrofit kits.

the Z800 and FZ09 are sport-tourers so if insurance is a factor, don't do the gsxr. the Z800 has ABS afaik, which is nice. also depending on how long your typical ride is, you may want to go to a dealer or bike show and throw a leg over each to see how comfy each bike is
The FZ-09 is not classified as a sport tour. It is a street sport and is listed as such by both companies I had insure it

I had the FZ-09 and frankly the suspension was atrocious (IMO) and amplified if you're on the heavy side. I'm sure if the suspension was upgraded the FZ-09 could be decent.

Back
Top Bottom