M2 Exit Test Attempts | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Test Attempts

dubz

Simply,

Are there limited amount of attempts you have to pass the M2 exit course at MTO?

Ive been searching the internet, but I can't find an answer. I've asked people and I've gotten conflicting answers.
For some reason I remember a rule that I cannot find on paper that you have 2 attempts to pass, otherwise you have to start back from g1/m1 again.

If you do respond with a answer can you source it? Thanks!

AFAIK, Unlimited retests, 10 days between tests, just need to pay again.

after a certain number of fails I would rethink being a rider lol

after a certain number of fails I would rethink being a rider lol

When I was getting my M2 there was a lady there for her third attempt to get her M2. She failed again and was nowhere close to passing. Not sure if she has kept trying or not.

When I was getting my M2 there was a lady there for her third attempt to get her M2. She failed again and was nowhere close to passing. Not sure if she has kept trying or not.

At least with motorcycles, gladly, most of these sorts get weeded out.

When it comes to G class licencing it seems everybody passes eventually no matter how much of a bumbling clueless driver they actually are in the end.

When it comes to G class licencing it seems everybody passes eventually no matter how much of a bumbling clueless driver they actually are in the end.

So true ...

Simply,

Are there limited amount of attempts you have to pass the M2 exit course at MTO?

Ive been searching the internet, but I can't find an answer. I've asked people and I've gotten conflicting answers.

I"m curious why you're asking.

You passed the M1 course right ?

On the other hand, I've read about experienced riders being failed for stopping "inches" beyond / short of the brake line.

Or failing the serpentine test (haven't read any details on how they failed though).

Don't sweat it. The less you worry about stuff like this, the more focused you will be on the actual riding during the test.

On the other hand, I've read about experienced riders being failed for stopping "inches" beyond / short of the brake line.

Or failing the serpentine test (haven't read any details on how they failed though).

AFAIK the serpentine test is not part of any official MTO road test. It's a drill during the MSF course but has no bearing on your pass/fail.

I"m curious why you're asking.

You passed the M1 course right ?

Just wondering. Trying to figure out if doing the m test at mto is better than doing the course. Financially you can do the m test 5 times before it costs the same as rti (350 plus taxes)

I still have to wait until next year to do my m test. Like i posted originally, somewhere in my head there was a rule that allowed you retry a test once before you had to start over from the writtwn test. I think this was back in the day when i first started driving.. 10 years ago ish. I think theyve changed it.

I remember I lost points on my M2 for the first one...stopped on the first line of the box vs directly in it. I bit my tongue on that one, as you'd think stopping a foot sooner than needed would be a good thing...plus no way you can actually see your front wheel and the box while riding.

Just wondering. Trying to figure out if doing the m test at mto is better than doing the course. Financially you can do the m test 5 times before it costs the same as rti (350 plus taxes)

M2 -> M potentially. Not sure if people can still do the M1 -> M2 outside of a course, but for that one the course should almost be mandatory.

As for M2 -> M...I say if you have the money, the course is good as a refresher and to point out any bad habits you have picked up. But you are right...if you aren't in a rush and a decent/good rider with a fair number of city riding km under your belt, then you could attempt a few times and still come out financially ahead. For me, I did it via the course to correct things, be an easier pass potentially, and because it was near end of riding season (late October), and I wanted to make sure i had my license before putting the bike away for winter.

Last edited:
I remember I lost points on my M2 for the first one...stopped on the first line of the box vs directly in it. I bit my tongue on that one, as you'd think stopping a foot sooner than needed would be a good thing...plus no way you can actually see your front wheel and the box while riding.

Not to start an argument but I believe the point of that exercise is to demonstrate accuracy and control, not how quickly you can brake (which is a separate drill). You don't need visual confirmation to put the front wheel in a box. But hey, I was wrong about what the serpentine test was so I could be talking out of my *** here too.

As for the M2 exit test vs M2 exit course, take it at the MTO unless you're really unsure about your street riding ability. It just makes financial sense. Like taximan said, if you're still failing after a certain number of attempts then maybe riding motorcycles should be reconsidered.

Not to start an argument but I believe the point of that exercise is to demonstrate accuracy and control, not how quickly you can brake (which is a separate drill). You don't need visual confirmation to put the front wheel in a box.

Control is one thing. Ludicrous tolerances is another.

Missing the "mark" by 2-3 feet, un-acceptable.

Missing "by inches" ... moronic.

Control is one thing. Ludicrous tolerances is another.

Missing the "mark" by 2-3 feet, un-acceptable.

Missing "by inches" ... moronic.

Given that they give you a couple feet of wiggle room in the box to stop in (Going by my memory, I recall being given about 3ftx3ft to stop in), I don't see missing the box by a few inches moronic...

People will always complain about not meeting the requirement due to "only being a foot off", or "less than a foot". Our licensing system is already to lenient and IMO, doesn't test for real world scenarios at real speeds, rather just the basics of shifting, stopping, going, turning at parking lot speeds. It can't get any easier than that...

Most riding classes offer a re-test anyway. I can't see a new rider with half-decent riding skills (suitable for the street) fail that part more than once.

Back
Top Bottom