Canada Post strike again! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada Post strike again!

I hate any ebill. I like paper bills. The fact that Canada Post thinks that a strike will cause a disruption is laughable at best.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I hate any ebill. I like paper bills. The fact that Canada Post thinks that a strike will cause a disruption is laughable at best.

Parcels is where it will sting, and a lot of the stuff people buy online still arrives via Canada Post. Funny, I was just on another forum not 10 minutes ago negotiating a purchase of something that the seller would have to ship me and I mentioned he may have to find alternatives vs USPS/Canada Post due to the potential strike.

I do understand their concerns though - the corporation is making money hand over fist but is demanding worker concessions, and there is also a big difference in how some workers are getting paid.

Put yourself in their shoes - do a good job, company is doing well, comes time to review your pay and they want to cut it - a real kick in the teeth there.. Meanwhile someone else at a factory a few kilometers away, also owned by the same company and doing arguably harder work (rural delivery vs urban) is making LESS money than you. It does seem like a recipe for worker discontent.

@PrivatePilot I guess I'm just bitter. I have put in complaints about the carrier making a mess at the mailbox. Soon after, two separate packages, prizes that I won, mysteriously disappeared.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

@PrivatePilot I guess I'm just bitter. I have put in complaints about the carrier making a mess at the mailbox. Soon after, two separate packages, prizes that I won, mysteriously disappeared.

I've had my issues as well however our local delivery is contracted out so it's not even CP employees doing it anymore, it's some guy in a car with boxes of letters and parcels in the back. I find myself unsurprised that quality of service suffers as a result. I think this is part of their issue as well - again, if your company was doing really well, profits were quite healthy...and your boss came along and said that they're gonna hire some new guy off the street and pay him only 50% of what you make to do your exact job along side you...wouldn't you eventually be rather concerned that these sorts were eventually going to take your job?

I'm waiting for the inevitable "they make too much money anyways, screw them" response to show up here, but of course that's the mentality now - race to the bottom for wages, anyone who makes a good living or more than you do is "making too much". People don't look at it from the perspective that perhaps they make too little, they look at it from the perspective that others are making too much. Add a pinch of jealousy, and the sour drink is complete. Add in a union to the mix and it's the cherry on top for some.

Why do we need home delivery mail everyday?
Deliver home mail every OTHER day.

saves, gas, vehicles, etc... good for environment etc...

why?

WTF how am I supposed to operate a business with this mail strike. How in the hell will I pay my bills?!?!?! Oh wait... I get all my bills online.

why?

90% of Canadapost delivery is junk mails, spam flyers anyway.

I agree we dont need to have mail everyday.

WTF how am I supposed to operate a business with this mail strike. How in the hell will I pay my bills?!?!?! Oh wait... I get all my bills online.

We rely on ExpressPost. (I have to ship original signed documents, an electronic copy isn't recognized.) ExpressPost has a tracking number and is half the cost of FedEx and I'm not stuck with using FedEx's fixed document packages. A postal strike will cost us something, but it's not the end of the world.

My insurance renewal is to be delivered via snail mail any day now. ****ers.

Striking themselves further and further into irrelevance. Will contact my agent via email tomorrow and see what I can arrange to take these leeches out of the loop.

Canada Post is the furthest thing from irrelevant. Millions of parcels are delivered weekly which is their main source of revenue. They provide a nationwide service and link with international services at costs far lower than courier services. Businesses from coast to coast rely on their services so they are going no where at all. Private Pilot said it best. This is a corporate greed situation and the employees are taking it in the ***. I am not in favour of unions but this is a company that really needs one.

I am no bleeding heart either, just way too close to this situation and how real it is. Before bashing the letter carriers, have an objective conversation with yours.

Look at how awesome the (profits) private sector is, let's be like them!

Canada Post is more than just the mail. Remember this when you're giving brokerage fees to UPS.

why?

Because the uninformed demand it.

Then there's the ones that are getting their departments discontinued.... Well, at least it's summer and you can ride or fix the house.

lol, good one

from Spanish speaking countries too, right?

You can now order with built in Weather Forecasting ability. Skirt optional.

If you guys are talking about Venezuela, i dont find it funny at all. People are dying over there.

Back
Top Bottom