M2 NEW DRIVER looking for insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 NEW DRIVER looking for insurance

hello guys i am currently looking for insurance quotes i just finished my saftey course this weekend great school had lots of fun. 23 years old live in mississauga

I am looking to get a 2015 yamaha r3 i got a 2 quotes one from dalton timmis for 2500$ and one from surnet for 1755$ anyone in my age group or a expert know roughly
how much insurance cost and have any good brokers in the area?

Impossible for anyone here to give you numbers, but the ones you have aren't crazy. Insurance can vary a ton from rider to rider, even postal code to postal code.

Being a 2015 bike, are you paying cash for it (outright ownership), or financing it? If you're financing it you will *need* (finance company requirements) to carry full coverage on the bike, not just liability - this can add signifigant cost, particulaarly for new riders, so you may want to clarify if those quotes were liability only (they sound like it to me based on the numbers), or full coverage.

But kudos for starting on an appropriate sized bike vs wanting to jump straight to a SS like many newbies insist on.

Follow the cardinal rule, however - get a firm insurance quote for the exact coverage you need on the exact bike you are considering BEFORE buying the bike.

yea i havent bought a bike yet first i am looking for insurance the one from dalton timmis is full coverage the second one was for my fault i have to fix my bike on my own expense. i am just wondering what others are paying and yea i heard postal code makes a difference and city too

Like I said, if you're financing the bike you will have NO choice but to carry full coverage including collision, etc.

Make sure you are getting the same quotes at different insurers to make a fair price comparision. Getting quotes for different levels of coverage across different companies just muddies the waters. Most insurers are happy to give you both liability only and full coverage quotes on request when you call, so start calling around and writing down the results.

i am going to buy it NOT finace thanks for the advice both qutoes were liability and collision expect the one i mentioned was a little bit different

i am going to buy it NOT finace thanks for the advice both qutoes were liability and collision expect the one i mentioned was a little bit different

Me personally I never use collision..My deductible has always been higher than the amount of damage lol but I might consider theft. I don't know how often r3's are knicked but I'd see how much it is to add theft on there

Me personally I never use collision..My deductible has always been higher than the amount of damage lol but I might consider theft. I don't know how often r3's are knicked but I'd see how much it is to add theft on there

Ever since I started riding, fire+theft was $11/month when insurance was most expensive for me.
It's now $6/mo or something like that.

Try DesJardin, they seem to give pretty good rates for non-SS bikes even for young new riders.

Since you're a new rider your rates will be higher. I've had my m2 for a year now and I'm 22. I'm riding a 2016 FZ-09 and paying 1900 / yr without collision at State Farm. They were the best priced around for me. Once you get a year under your belt it will come down.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom