Why do we need so many tv weather reporters? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do we need so many tv weather reporters?

Depends on what type of Chinese. There are hundreds of different types of Chinese languages. Tbh I make fun of mandarin Chinese
I make fun of Cantonese ?
Seriously though @cool I agree with the looks gets the job. I got my job based on my looks. That's why I drive a forklift. ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

And they make fun of I-talian....

P.S. I hate when people pronounce it that way.
Lol me too. (The ps, that is)
I try and be polite and say thank you in (I think) Cantonese sometimes. (M-goy (sp?)) All I get is dirty looks. My wife used to be the only non Asian at a company many years ago. We went to a lot of fundraisers/ parties etc. I learned a few phrases. And had some great seaweed based dishes. Real Asian cooking kicks @$$.

When they moans, it does not matter if its Chinese or Spanish.
Moans?
All I ever got were sighs. ?

"M'goi" is more like Please or when someone does for you a short/quick service.
"Goy-sai" is more a quick Thanks when something is done for you.
"Doah je" is Thank You, more formal in tone.
"Doah je sai" is like "Thank You very much".

and it all can vary and depends on the tone used.

I spelt it phonetically, but it's almost close. You can use the same word to tell some one off or to put something down depending on "exactly" how you pronounce it.

Last edited:
That's how I would use it. Like if someone held a door for example.
Problem is, when I start with " jo- san, lee ho mah?" (Sp?) It would turn into a tirade of replies that I wouldn't understand! Lol!
And the tone, I learned about that in relation to the number "4".

Yeah... I get that look whenever I tell those Italian girls "Ciao bella"

Ok this thread is now about learning cantonese.

Riceburner, my hongkong friend told me Mandarin people dont consider cantonese as a formal language. And Mandarin is more polite of the two. What do you think?

flide lice is all I know

Ok this thread is now about learning cantonese.

Riceburner, my hongkong friend told me Mandarin people dont consider cantonese as a formal language. And Mandarin is more polite of the two. What do you think?
That's what I have been told as well. The thought is that the Cantonese are of lower class. (From what I understand). Similar to mainland Italy and Sicily, Portugal and the Azores etc.

Yeah... I get that look whenever I tell those Italian girls "Ciao bella"
Lol
Attaboy

Jo-sun, nee ho mah?

ciao
Ho may
Ciao.
(I think I messed that up ?)

Because Enki Bracaj. They were having a slow news/weather week so they decided to try and bump their ratings like this.

viral-enki-bracaj.jpg

My wife used to be the only non Asian at a company many years ago. We went to a lot of fundraisers/ parties etc. I learned a few phrases.

The first thing one should do when working in an environment where there is a majority of a certain ethnicity is to learn the language. I work at a hospital with a lot of Filipinos. My Tagalog has gotten pretty good.

Last edited:
Women speaking French is actually sexy, but men speaking French sounds like a sissy. Spanish is just too aggressive for a classy woman
Good, so you think i'm a sissy and put down your guard while whisper dirty french words to your woman...and then...I RAVISH HER (and run away later...#becausefrench)

Mandarin is the official language of mainland China. I can't understand it except for a few common words....and I mean few are common.

My Italian friends laugh, cause I speak with my hands. I was once asked by a nonna if I spoke Italian, told her what I know would get me slapped. lol

I didn't know Tagalog was the name of the Filipino language until somewhat recently.

Back
Top Bottom