Unsecured Load | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unsecured Load

Mega suck! What's the take away for everyone else? As best we can, remember to avoid target fixation. That's one hell of an 'Oh FML' moment for any rider, so I ain't gonna fault or say he could have. Had he not fixated (or what looks like fixated), I'd like to think he might have avoided it.

It infuriates me to know our justice system will fail this motorcyclist and the driver will get slapped with a nominal fine. However, 3-4 years from now he'll be receive with a decent chunk of change through suing the hell out of the driver (through insurance/lawyers).

Edit - it's in the US, but still... :D

Last edited:
When I was 17 I was riding with my grandfather and his friend in Montana on the Interstate. A cement truck lost one of those big steel troughs they carry right in front of us. It was bouncing wildly, grandpa went left, buddy went right and I froze. It missed me through pure luck and I've never forgotten it.
I don't follow anything anymore with a sketchy load. When I'm forced to temporarily, I increase my following distance.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

And dash cam car stops in the middle lane...
Yep. And the truck/boat didn't appear to stop at all.

I never follow holiday campers with trailers, vehicles with boats, or tractor trailers. I always try to give them about 100 feet of space ahead. Tractor-trailers are always losing tire caps, holiday campers often lose bike racks, spare tires, and sometimes the entire trailer or boat. If something comes off it's important NOT to react until you assess what is going to happen. In the vid the kid didn't have time to accurately assess what that thing was going to do, so he had to guess - and he guessed wrong. Wearing shorts on an Interstate wasn't too bright either. Lucky he's okay.

I went airborne over an entire exhaust that fell off the car in front a few years back. I actually never saw it coming, which in all honesty is how I think I managed to ride through it. actually had to circle back and see what I had hit.

You'd be totally amazed at how many people loose crap off their vehicles or towed loads and are completely oblivious. A lot of people are fixated on the road 10 feet off the end of their hood and are often clueless about what's going on in front of them, much less behind.

Anyone who spends a lot of time driving like myself has seen everything under the sun on the roads, including furniture and appliances. The fact that sort of stuff can simply fly away attests to not only insecure loads, but clueless idiots at the wheel who didn't' even notice it falling off after the fact.

You'd be totally amazed at how many people loose crap off their vehicles or towed loads and are completely oblivious. A lot of people are fixated on the road 10 feet off the end of their hood and are often clueless about what's going on in front of them, much less behind.

Anyone who spends a lot of time driving like myself has seen everything under the sun on the roads, including furniture and appliances. The fact that sort of stuff can simply fly away attests to not only insecure loads, but clueless idiots at the wheel who didn't' even notice it falling off after the fact.
No I wouldn't be amazed.lol. I've likely got nearly as many miles under my belt as you do on the road.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see a new boner move. Just when you think you've seen it all eh?

No I wouldn't be amazed.lol. I've likely got nearly as many miles under my belt as you do on the road.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see a new boner. Just when you think you've seen it all eh?

:laughing5::laughing5::laughing5::laughing5::laughing5: + Title = :lmao:

:laughing5::laughing5::laughing5::laughing5::laughing5: + Title = :lmao:
Lmao! I didn't catch that at all.lol I'll just put on my flame suit rather than edit.

I once watched a camper trailer fly through the air in my mirror just after I pasted it, I was still pulling back into my lane.

I read that the boat hauler turned himself in later. Better late than never and extremely possible he didn't know about it for hours or days.

I wish they could have laid criminal negligence charges. This lady must eat horseshoes for breakfast.

https://www.cp24.com/news/pole-falls-off-truck-skewers-car-south-of-london-ont-opp-1.3860601

DZPD04DXkAE9ygB.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow!

"Truck driver could be charged with unsecured load". Ya think?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Mega suck! What's the take away for everyone else?

a few things

following too close
wrong lane position
object fixation
squid

of course it's the boat owners fault
but with some focus on defensive riding
this turns into a nothing burger for the squid

Last edited:
Golden rule #1. Never ever ever ever, whether in cage or bike follow any type of open pick up or trailered load.

Same with those cars with the bicycle racks and the bicycles jiggling away.

Golden rule #1. Never ever ever ever, whether in cage or bike follow any type of open pick up or trailered load.

Same with those cars with the bicycle racks and the bicycles jiggling away.
You'd think that's common sense

Back
Top Bottom