OneWalk to Conquer Cancer | GTAMotorcycle.com

OneWalk to Conquer Cancer

OneWalk

We are looking for Men & Women to donate their time on their motorcycle this September!
The Rexall OneWalk to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is a one day 25km walk through Toronto's downtown core to raise vital funds for cancer research.
We need Crew members to help bring the event to life by being the backbone of the event!

Crew Members:

• Are registered participants, just like the walkers
  • Free Beers ( 2 drink tickets)
  • Are provided meals through day like walkers -- breakfast lunch and dinner on Saturday
  • Participate for the entire duration of the event
  • Are provided with a Crew Shirt(s)
  • Have a page on our website to blog, post pictures and request support for the cause.
  • Receive a letter for 20 volunteer hours!

The Moto Safety team works with the Road Dispatch team and local law enforcement to guarantee safe passage for Walkers on the route. Help at difficult intersections and other locations as well as help cheer on the Walkers! Must have own motorcycle and helmet, as well as insurance.

To be a Crew member, you need to be available;

• Saturday, September 10th 2016

Please call or e-mail Crew Coordinator Alexa Reigh Thomson today to book your spot as part of our Medical Team.

416-628-4712 or e-mail at arthomson@conquercancer.ca

We are looking for Men & Women to donate their time on their motorcycle this September!
The Rexall OneWalk to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is a one day 25km walk through Toronto's downtown core to raise vital funds for cancer research.
We need Crew members to help bring the event to life by being the backbone of the event!

Crew Members:

• Are registered participants, just like the walkers
  • Free Beers ( 2 drink tickets)
  • Are provided meals through day like walkers -- breakfast lunch and dinner on Saturday
  • Participate for the entire duration of the event
  • Are provided with a Crew Shirt(s)
  • Have a page on our website to blog, post pictures and request support for the cause.
  • Receive a letter for 20 volunteer hours!

The Moto Safety team works with the Road Dispatch team and local law enforcement to guarantee safe passage for Walkers on the route. Help at difficult intersections and other locations as well as help cheer on the Walkers! Must have own motorcycle and helmet, as well as insurance.

To be a Crew member, you need to be available;

• Saturday, September 10th 2016

Please call or e-mail Crew Coordinator Alexa Reigh Thomson today to book your spot as part of our Medical Team.

416-628-4712 or e-mail at arthomson@conquercancer.ca

See bold item, you might want to reconsider that due to liability issues as there is usually one in the bunch.

Watch "Cure for cancer found in Canada" and go home. Don't buy into these "raise money to pay organization staff six figure salaries" rallies. They should all be charged with fraud.

https://youtu.be/z1ifXxbxhZc

You can get this drug online if you have cancer.

Last edited:
http://www.thepmcf.ca/About-Us/Questions-Answers
How much of my donation goes to benefit research or patient care?
"...More specifically, general fundraising and administrative expenses - the costs associated with running the foundation - are managed carefully. In 2014, these costs came to 9.6% of total net fundraising revenue, putting the Foundation among the best-in-class relative to its peers across the country."

Let's check the numbers -

http://onlinereport.thepmcf.ca/2015/Financials.pdf
$94,917,000 Gross fundraising revenue
$(14,092,000) Direct fundraising expenses
$63,022,000 Gross lottery revenue
$(41,940,000) Direct lottery expenses, incl prizes
(*2016 lottery prizes = ~$12M)
$33,153,000 Investment income
$(9,804,000) General fundraising and administrative expenses
$(62,401,000) Grants to Princess Margaret Cancer Centre at UHN

My conclusion:

So out of $191M gross, $54M goes to 'expenses' (mostly salaries, payroll - I subtracted the lottery payout), and $62M goes to the University Health Network for research, etc. (The remainder gets invested)

Looks to me like it's 30 cents on your dollar going to research and the 9.6% costs figure is BS

EDIT: Don't get me wrong - $62M for research in one year is significant. But just imagine if $150M went direct to research instead! Is there an app for this yet?

Last edited:
http://www.thepmcf.ca/About-Us/Questions-Answers
How much of my donation goes to benefit research or patient care?
"...More specifically, general fundraising and administrative expenses - the costs associated with running the foundation - are managed carefully. In 2014, these costs came to 9.6% of total net fundraising revenue, putting the Foundation among the best-in-class relative to its peers across the country."

Let's check the numbers -

http://onlinereport.thepmcf.ca/2015/Financials.pdf
$94,917,000 Gross fundraising revenue
$(14,092,000) Direct fundraising expenses
$63,022,000 Gross lottery revenue
$(41,940,000) Direct lottery expenses, incl prizes
(*2016 lottery prizes = ~$12M)
$33,153,000 Investment income
$(9,804,000) General fundraising and administrative expenses
$(62,401,000) Grants to Princess Margaret Cancer Centre at UHN

My conclusion:

So out of $191M gross, $54M goes to 'expenses' (mostly salaries, payroll - I subtracted the lottery payout), and $62M goes to the University Health Network for research, etc. (The remainder gets invested)

Looks to me like it's 30 cents on your dollar going to research and the 9.6% costs figure is BS

EDIT: Don't get me wrong - $62M for research in one year is significant. But just imagine if $150M went direct to research instead! Is there an app for this yet?

So are you suggesting that finding a cure would put them out of business?

There's no magical cure for cancer but, if there was then yes, a lot of highly paid charity types would be out of a job.

Didn't read the thread?

Absolutely don't need to. I work in academia and much research is not allied to a pharmaceutical company, a lot of it is funded by independent national scientific bodies. Papers are what's important to a researcher and a cure for cancer would equal tons of papers and notoriety and hence more funding money. There aren't any recognized papers on this and no rational research that has shown that much promise.

Sorry to burst your bubble but for nearly every major disease there are internet claims of cures ignored by the pharmaceutical companies but that cannot be corroborated by independent researchers who would gain fame overnight should these claims prove to be true. There's no conspiracy. There's no miracle cure.

Absolutely don't need to. I work in academia and much research is not allied to a pharmaceutical company, a lot of it is funded by independent national scientific bodies. Papers are what's important to a researcher and a cure for cancer would equal tons of papers and notoriety and hence more funding money. There aren't any recognized papers on this and no rational research that has shown that much promise.

Sorry to burst your bubble but for nearly every major disease there are internet claims of cures ignored by the pharmaceutical companies but that cannot be corroborated by independent researchers who would gain fame overnight should these claims prove to be true. There's no conspiracy. There's no miracle cure.

so is this a money pit?

You didn't read the thread.

Wonder if they would be able to supply me with a ****** vegan meal (the only kind non-vegans know how to prepare), or maybe their meals are more of the cancer-causing variety.

Reminds me of the humane society holding a fundraising BBQ...oh the irony.

Seen it. Sounds good...not a miracle cure.
When they say at the University Hospital level "this is as good as it gets for cancer", that's a miracle cure. The drug name is dicloroacetic acid (DCA) and is found online. This is big pharmas worst nightmare and they will do anything to make it unavailable. They kept Melatonin out of Canada successfully til 2009.

You can buy that stuff yourself. Seriously, if it was a miracle cure there would be some huge science prizes being given out for it. There's not. It isn't.

You can buy that stuff yourself. Seriously, if it was a miracle cure there would be some huge science prizes being given out for it. There's not. It isn't.
We have been programmed to believe there will never be a cure for cancer. This keeps the dollars rolling in to the cancer societies. This IS a cure. Deprogram yourself.

How much money goes to lobbying Wynne for more anti-cigarette nonsense? After all AFAIK it was the Canadian Cancer Society that's gotten most anti-smoking laws passed in the last couple years. Well tobacco smoking anyway, smoking anything else is apparently alright by Wynne, except a pole. I don't smoke cigarettes and I've seen most of my family die from them, but just leave these people alone and put that money towards research like your donors intended.

Two free beers after arriving via motorcycle, that's some thinking right there.

Back
Top Bottom