Insurance for 30 year Old bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for 30 year Old bikes

kawicowboy

Picked up a 1985 Honda and called TD insurance to find out that they dont insure bikes that are 30 years or older, any suggestions off hand.
Thanks

My 83 is with The Personnel, $340 a year, liability only.

Shop around, Intact was 400 then jumped to almost 800 the 2nd year, I called around and was back down to 420 with Desjardins, this year it went down again at 370, this is of course liability only, and I even had a claim last year when an idiot decided to reverse into me, no fault on my part and they cut me a chequ for the repairs, very happy
however I will start calling around for rates on my new bike to see if anyone will be cheaper, full coverage on 2005 BMW k1200s, right now I was told it will be about 1200

hey Paul pm me if u can do better

and that is bike only with them

just went with Desjardins on a 32 year old bike, just basic coverage 422..

I assume that these are bundled with your car insurance? i.e. not a standalone motorcycle policy?

My RS125 is $572 with liability, fire, and theft. My policy actually states that each car receives a 15% discount for multivehicle but not the motorcycle.

They probably don't do standalone though?

I don't have a car.
Not sure. You have to be part of one of their associated organizations to use them, I think. My company is on the list.

My 83 is with The Personnel, $340 a year, liability only.
They probably don't do standalone though?...
I believe they do. I was with Personal years ago but could not move my bundled car/house for a year. They insured my '84 Honda with a standalone policy. I left them for Co-operators, then returned recently. The thing is that you need to be part of a member organization/company that uses them. It also helps to be old to get a good rate, but that applies to all insurance companies.

Yeah. I ain't part of ****.

I just called them up off this board, no associations or memberships. Only bike with them. covered as of today, 1985 vmax, plpd only 422/yr, no other bikes/cars/house/life etc.

They probably don't do standalone though?

I don't have a car.
Hey Matt, we talking about Dejardins? I know that my bike is only ~20 years old, but I only have the bike with them. $352 year

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom