Hit Air Vest | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit Air Vest

Slick_Steveo

Site Supporter
I know its a brand name, but do any of you guys/gals wear one or similar, and have you crash tested it?

Wore one myself and think it's the next best thing to sliced bread.
We had a guy crash in Jennings Florida with one on, and said he'd never ride without it again.
He also said that he felt it saved him from breaking his collarbone and sending him to the hospital.

Wore one myself and think it's the next best thing to sliced bread.
We had a guy crash in Jennings Florida with one on, and said he'd never ride without it again.
He also said that he felt it saved him from breaking his collarbone and sending him to the hospital.

yup....snapped my collarbone in 2 spots a week ago....had the surgery friday night

We have been selling them at Speedworx Superbike Service for a number of years and are very firm believers of the products. We have witnessed crashes that Would have resulted in helicopter rides reduced to a quick dust off and back out on the b bike.

Come on in and we can show you the largest selection of hit air products in North America to try on.

Racer5 is there a track version, for full tucking, or is the normal full vest what you recommend? I'm track days only. Thanks

I have worn one for 4 year, both street riding and at the track; about 50,000 kms. Went down at Calabogie at around 120 kph. Bike had a lot of damage and I didn't even have a bruise. Mash fabric had rash but the bladder was fine, so just changed the CO2 cartridge and good to go again.

Can't believe more people don't ride with these vests.

I have worn one for 4 year, both street riding and at the track; about 50,000 kms. Went down at Calabogie at around 120 kph...

Which model of the vest do you have or recommend? Is it cumbersome at the track?

Racer5 is there a track version, for full tucking, or is the normal full vest what you recommend? I'm track days only. Thanks

there is w track version and a street version.
The street version has better back protection but will be cumbersome on the track.
Most racers don't even feel the track version when they use it.

One of the SOAR guys (Uchi) has one. Don't think it's been tested out yet, but not for a lack of trying!

13340169_10156896797015532_3679389033446662573_o.jpg

Doesn't seem to impede him in any way. And he says the pull cord is pretty damn hard to pull by accident. I still have to test this theory on the back straight. Will advise.

I wonder how much lift one would provide at Mosport. For the slower tracks it seems like it would be a valuable piece of gear.

Fawaz

How do you deflate it?

ie: in a crash/continue case can I deflate it so I can go back racing?

Fawaz

How do you deflate it?

ie: in a crash/continue case can I deflate it so I can go back racing?
In a race re-entry situation it can be taken off pretty quickly and left with a corner marshal. In a Trackday setting you would just let it delflate and put a new cartridge in it back in the pits.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom